Aprilia GPR 250 sports bike has been recently launched in China. Inspired by the litre-class RSV4 series of superbikes, the all-new motorcycle is expected to be officially unveiled in India in the coming months. The brand is likely to launch the 250cc sports bike in the Indian market by the end of this year or in early 2021. Here are five must-know facts about the Aprilia GPR 250.
Aprilia GPR 250 Sports Bike Facts
1. Inspired by Aprilia RSV4 Superbike – The 250cc sportbike features a fully-faired design equipped with modern safety features. The Aprilia GPR 250 resembles the RSV4 when it comes to styling as well as premium looks. The race-inspired livery on the fairing further compliments its superbike stance while the sporty genes make it one of the best competitors out there in its segment.
2. Technical specifications – The Aprilia GPR 250 is powered by a 249.2cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine that is good for a maximum power of 26.5HP @ 9000 rpm and a peak torque of 22Nm @ 7500 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed transmission. The sportbike is expected to offer a mileage of around 35-40 kmpl while the top speed will scale at 150 kmph or above.
3. Premium Components – Taking cues from its elder sibling, the RSV4 superbike, the brand has equipped the GPR 250 with a host of premium features. The motorcycle gets USD (upside-down) forks at the front while the rear has been equipped with an adjustable monoshock suspension.
In addition to this, the disc brake set up at either end has been mated to a dual-channel ABS unit for additional safety. The motorcycle features an aluminium swingarm while at the same time features a unique underbelly exhaust.
4. Semi-Digital Instrument Console – The Aprilia GPR 250 has been equipped with a semi-digital instrument panel. The 250cc sportbike features an analogue tachometer while the console offers adequate riding dynamics. The instrument console features a rectangular digital screen to display the speedometer, odometer, fuel gauge, clock, and more.
5. Rivals and Expected Price – The Aprilia GPR 250 will compete in the market with the likes of Honda CBR250R, Suzuki Gixxer SF 250, and the TVS Apache RR 310. The motorcycle is expected to get a price tag of around INR 2.20 lakh (ex-showroom) in India.