Aprilia RS 150 and Tuono 150 were recently unveiled at Auto Expo 2018. This makes them good for a perfect competition with Fazer Fi and R15 in India as Aprilia could launch these two in India around early 2019. Piaggio group is planning expansion of products and both these will play an important role in this direction.
Aprilia RS 150 is a scaled down version of RSV4 while same can even be said true for Tuono 150. Aprilia is using a powerful 150cc, fuel injected and liquid cooled engine, producing 18 HP at 10,000 rpm and 14 Nm at 7,500 rpm.
Components on use are 40mm USD forks, 17 inch alloy wheels, 300mm front disc and 218mm rear disc. ABS is offered as standard on both these bikes with quick-shifter can be opted as an accessory on RS 150 and Tuono 150.
As Aprilia SR150 was priced very competitively, fans will expect both these bikes to get a class shaking price tag. Rivals in the segment are pretty restricted and buyers sometimes look for alternate options
Aprilia is of Italian origin and their design language is pretty impressive. We can expect more products from them in the entry level Indian performance segment in coming months.
Aprilia RS 150 & Tuono 150 Specs
- 150cc, Liquid Cooled Engine
- Fuel Injection
- Maximum Power – 18 HP @ 10,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque – 14 NM @ 7500 rpm
- Front Suspension – 40mm USD Forks
- Rear Suspension – Mono-Shock
- Front Brake – 300mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake – 218mm Single Disc
- 2-Channel ABS (Standard)
- 17-inch Alloy Wheels
- RS 150 Expected Price – INR 1.25 Lakh
- Tuono 150 Expected Price – INR 1.10 Lakh
- Expected Launch – End 2018 or Early 2019
Auto Expo 2018 News & Updates
Aprilia Photos Source: AutoCarIndia