2019 Bajaj Platina 110 with Highway Gear is an important product when considering a commuter motorcycle for mixed riding conditions. The Platina series is a segment leader for 110cc motorcycles, and the upgraded Platina 110 H-Gear comes with a five-speed gearbox that was once seen under the Discover nameplate. Apart from that, here are the five must-know facts for the motorcycle.
5 Must-Know Facts About 2019 Bajaj Platina
1) H-Gear Tech and Gear Shift Guide – The H-Gear (Highway Gear) technology enables the rider to enjoy cruising speeds with lesser stress on the engine. Regular motorcycles may feel stressed around 60 kph but, the Platina 110 H-Gear will help the rider achieve more through the fifth gear. The ‘Gear Shift Guide’ will help an amateur rider know the optimum point for a gear change on the display.
2) Informative Semi-Digital Console – The semi-digital console of the motorcycle is very informative as buyers get analogue speedometer along with a display that handles service reminder, battery health indicator, and gear shift guide. The fuel indicator is situated on the extreme right side while a digital clock can be seen in the middle of all these values.
3) Powerful and Fuel Efficient Engine – The 115cc, single cylinder engine is good for 8.6 HP at 7000 rpm and 9.81 Nm at 5000 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox. The engine is good for approx 80 kmpl of mileage and that value can be actually achieved when riding around 60 kph on the highway. The mileage has always been a strong point for the Platina 110.
4) Front Disc Brake and ASBS – Not every 110cc motorcycle of India offers a disc brake as an option but on the new Platina, the availability of the Anti-Skid Baking System (ASBS) and a 240mm front disc brake takes the total safety level up by a margin. The motorcycle is available with a rear drum brake measuring 110mm in diameter.
5) Pricing and Key Rivals – The motorcycle is priced at INR 53,376 for the base variant and INR 55,373 for the disc brake variant. Not just that, the model feels much more value for money than direct rivals namely Honda Livo and Hero Splendor iSmart. The other rivals include TVS Victor and Star City Plus in the country. The 2019 Bajaj Platina H-Gear is available in 3 colours: Black/Blue, Black/Burgundy, and Wine Red.
Images Source: Red Piston (YouTube)