The Bajaj Dominar 400 is quite an impressive bike with its long list of features and class-leading values. The competitive pricing has put it against the Royal Enfield Classic 350 and the Thunderbird, and the Mahindra Mojo. If you are in the market considering to buy a sports cruiser with a good performance, you cannot go wrong with the Bajaj Dominar 400. Here are the reasons why it is the best bike in its segment:
1) Engine: This is the best part of the Dominar 400. It is powered by a 373.3cc liquid-cooled and fuel-injected engine that delivers a maximum power of 35 hp and a peak torque of 35 Nm. There is an early delivery of power and torque, ensuring that the bike shoots from rest to 100 kmph in just 8.23 seconds. The top speed of the bike claimed by the company is 156 kmph, but riders have claimed that their bikes have gone as far as 167 kmph. The mileage on the bike is around 30-35 kmpl combined on city roads and highways.
2) All-LED Headlight: The headlight on the Dominar 400 comes equipped with an automatic headlight-on feature. The LED lamp makes it quite an effective bike to ride during low light times. It also helps the rider to navigate effectively through rough weather. The beam is strong and clear, ensuring hassle-free rides during the nights.
3) Features: Bajaj Dominar 400 comes with an option of 2-channel ABS for INR 14,000. The bike is also equipped with a slipper clutch, which helps in downshifting quickly and it also helps in avoiding the loss of torque. The suspension duties are handled by 43mm front forks, which are significantly bigger than those offered on most bikes.
4) High Paint Quality: The Dominar 400 is painted with three layers of paint, giving the bike an enriched look. The paint schemes offered are quite different as well; the bike is offered in Rock Matte Black, Glacier Blue, and Canyon Red shades. The alloy wheels on the bike are finished in a golden colour, giving it a premium look.
5) Instrument console: The bike features a first-in-class split console with a standard LCD panel within the handlebar. One unit contains the speedometer, tachometer, odometer, clock, and trip meter, while the other has the company logo and various other indicators.
6) Vast Service Network: Bajaj has one of the largest networks of dealerships and service centres all across the country. In all major cities, you can find a Bajaj dealership to ensure that your bike is treated with utmost care.
7) Affordable: Bajaj Dominar 400 is priced very competitively, though Bajaj has hiked the price of the bike a lot of times but still it offers excellent value for money in comparison to its rivals in India. At present, Dominar starts at INR 1.48 lakh for the standard non-ABS model. The variant with the dual-channel ABS comes at INR 1.62 lakh. Both the prices are ex-showroom for New Delhi.