Carberry Double Barrel 1000 India Launch Soon
Carberry recently revealed the plans to launch Royal Enfield Classic based 1000cc V-Twin motorcycle for a price tag of INR 7 lakh (approx). The news came few days after the official launch of 1000cc V-Twin engine by Carberry for INR 4.96 lakh.
Update: Carberry Double Barrel 1000 Launched in India @ INR 7.35 Lakh | Know More
While there are products in this engine range already available in India, no same segment engine motorcycle falls under INR 10 lakh. Those who wish building one complete motorcycle themselves, deal for the engine is one best buy in that case but who mind their hands getting dirty will have no other option than a complete motorcycle from Carberry itself.
They are currently working on the permissions required from ARAI to launch a motorcycle in India. If things work the right way, one can expect the entry of official Carberry Classic around early 2018. Each motorcycle from their side will be handmade and built in their own facility in Bhilai. Let’s work on some math and see is how much worth is the new Carberry 1000cc motorcycle.
The engine costs INR 4.96 lakh while one Royal Enfield Classic 500 will cost INR 1.75 lakh. Working on some alterations to mix both of them will further raise the cost. This makes it better to buy a complete motorcycle instead of two different products to build one at home. For better comparison, Triumph Street Twin comes with INR 7,17,500 of price tag but still carries just 900cc twin cylinder engine on its side.
Indian Scout Sixty, the closest engine competitor, costs INR 12,19,000 and produces 78 HP and 88.8 Nm of torque. Carberry 1000cc, V-Twin engine is good for 52.2 HP and 82 Nm of torque. The price difference is actually huge as one can fit one fully loaded Harley Davidson Street 750 in their gap. Still, it is to be seen how effectively Carberry promote their product and what kinds of services will be on offer in its initial days.
Key Details About Carberry 1000cc Engine
- 1000cc, with an estimated power of : 52.2 HP 82 Nm [Carburetted Version]
- 7 plate clutch and high strengthened primary chain
- 5 speed gearbox
- Hydraulic lifters
- Heavy crankshaft
- Roller big end bearings
- Double the main bearing capacity of the single cylinder
- A heavy duty starter motor and sprag clutch designed for a 2 liter car engine
- Lifters and oil pumps run in their own housings protecting the engine cases from wear and damage
- A large 3.7 liter oil capacity filtered through a external spin on oil filter and pumped at 10 times the capacity of the single
Oil pressure gauge
- Because of successful R&D the power is delivered smoothly with minimal vibration
- Linear power delivery throughout the rev range
- Magnetic sump plugs
- Old school design appropriated for custom builds
- Readily available parts
- Engine Price: Rs 4,96,000 (ex-factory)
Specifications Source: Carberry Facebook