New Ducati Monster 821 Launched in India: Ducati Monster 821 has been launched in India for INR 9,51,000 (ex-showroom Delhi). The launch is perfectly placed as bikes like Kawasaki Z900, Triumph Street Triple and recently launched Suzuki GSX-S750 are gaining popularity due to their value for money yet performance specific approach.
As Ducati Monster 797 is just another version of a Scrambler engine on street specific machine, those 73 HP were not enough to challenge the mighty 114 HP max power of Suzuki GSX-S750. Ducati Monster 821 is good for 109 HP and 86 Nm, making it reasonably powerful and elegantly built for this segment.
Design elements of Monster 821 are inspired from Monster 900, that was launched 25 years ago by the Italian brand. The motorcycle looks well sculpted from every angle as side profile reveals a perfect street fighter design with exposed frame, mass centered around the fuel tank area and twin exhaust with excellent finish.
Monster 821 carries a flat headlight when seen from the side but front reveals another dimension with LED daytime running lights. Equipment list on Ducati monster 821 is quite impressive as one gets TFT console, power modes, traction control, riding modes, ABS and much more.
New Ducati Monster 821 Launched!
- ENGINE: 821cc, Testastretta 11°, L-Twin, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, Water cooled
- BORE X STROKE: 88 x 67.5 mm (3.46 x 2.66 in)
- COMPRESSION RATIO: 12.8:1
- POWER: 110.5 PS @ 9,250 rpm
- TORQUE: 86 Nm @ 7,750 rpm
- FUEL INJECTION: Electronic fuel injection system, Ø 53 mm throttle bodies, Full Ride-by-Wire
- EXHAUST: 2-1 system, Two lambda probes, Stainless steel muffler with aluminium end cap
- GEARBOX: 6 speed
- PRIMARY DRIVE: Straight cut gears, Ratio 1.85:1
- RATIO: 1=37/15, 2=30/17, 3=28/20, 4=26/22, 5=24/23, 6=23/24
- FINAL DRIVE: Chain drive, Front sprocket Z15, Rear sprocket Z46
- CLUTCH: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with mechanical control
- FRAME: Tubular steel trellis frame linked to cylinder heads
- FRONT SUSPENSION: Ø 43 mm usd fork
- FRONT WHEEL: 10-spoke light alloy, 3.5″ x 17″
- FRONT TYRE: 120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso III
- REAR SUSPENSION: Progressive linkage with adjustable monoshock, Aluminium double-sided swing-arm
- REAR WHEEL: 10-spoke light alloy, 5.5″ x 17″
- REAR TYRE: 180/55 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso III
- WHEEL TRAVEL (FRONT/REAR): 130 mm /140 mm (5.12 in / 5.51 in)
- FRONT BRAKE: 2 x Ø 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo M4-32 callipers, 4-piston, axial pump with Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- REAR BRAKE: Ø 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper with Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- DRY WEIGHT: 180.5 kg (398 lb)
- WET WEIGHT (NO FUEL): 195 kg (430 lb)
- SEAT HEIGHT: Adjustable 785 mm – 810 mm (30.91 in – 31.89 in)
- WHEELBASE: 1,480 mm (58.27 in)
- FUEL TANK CAPACITY: 16.5 l (4.36 US gal)
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT: Riding Modes, Power Modes, Ducati Safety Pack (Bosch ABS + Ducati Traction Control DTC), Ride-by-Wire, TFT colour display, Passenger seat cover. Up&down Quickshift (DQS), Anti-theft system, Ducati Data Analyzer (DDA) ready.
- WARRANTY: 24 months, Unlimited mileage
- MAINTENANCE SERVICE INTERVALS: 15,000 km (9,000 mi) / 12 months
- VALVE CLEARANCE CHECK: 30,000 km (18,000 mi)