2018 Ducati Monster 821 to Launch in India on May 1, 2018
2018 Ducati Monster 821 is one great example where balance of power and design keeps purity at the highest possible level. This naked street fighter will soon make its way into India and thus, buyers will get one more reason to celebrate with its arrival. As per the latest details, available, Ducati will launch the Monster 821 in India on May 1, 2018.
Presently, Ducati Monster 797 is a great option for riders but purist demand much more than just a name and engine that follows close to a dream machine. 2018 Ducati Monster 821 carries the same charm that was once seen in legendary Monster 900 and brings the same fuel tank cure back after 25 years.
Power and Monster are like close cousins as this 821cc, L-Twin fuel injected engine is good for 110.5 PS at 9250 rpm and 86 Nm at 7750 rpm. These values may feel a bit lower than the last generation Monster 821 sold in India but still, they only need to push a bike that weighs 180.5 kg (dry). Ducati Monster 797 is just good for 75 HP and 68.9 Nm of torque.
Not just that, entry of Ducati Yellow into the Monster lineup makes it feel more exclusive than ever. Ducati Red and Dark Stealth are two other shades on offer. 2018 Ducati Monster 821 now comes with redesigned front LED light, Monster 1200 inspired exhaust and a new TFT console with fuel and gear indicator.
The six speed gearbox is equipped with slipper clutch while other important features include riding modes, traction control, pillion seat cowl and optional quick-shifter. Apart from its meaty Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tyres, Monster proves its feature loaded appeal through Brembo M4-32 calipers and 43 mm USD front forks.
This makes 2018 Ducati Monster 821 a great machine to own and ride in all riding conditions. Monster 821 was discontinued for its BS3 engine. The new version can be priced competitively around INR 10 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), most probably sounding more attractive with something like INR 9.90 lakh or INR 9.99 lakh.
Ducati Monster 821 Specs
- ENGINE: 821cc, Testastretta 11°, L-Twin, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, Water cooled
- BORE X STROKE: 88 x 67.5 mm (3.46 x 2.66 in)
- COMPRESSION RATIO: 12.8:1
- POWER: 110.5 PS @ 9,250 rpm
- TORQUE: 86 Nm @ 7,750 rpm
- FUEL INJECTION: Electronic fuel injection system, Ø 53 mm throttle bodies, Full Ride-by-Wire
- EXHAUST: 2-1 system, Two lambda probes, Stainless steel muffler with aluminium end cap
- GEARBOX: 6 speed
- PRIMARY DRIVE: Straight cut gears, Ratio 1.85:1
- RATIO: 1=37/15, 2=30/17, 3=28/20, 4=26/22, 5=24/23, 6=23/24
- FINAL DRIVE: Chain drive, Front sprocket Z15, Rear sprocket Z46
- CLUTCH: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with mechanical control
- FRAME: Tubular steel trellis frame linked to cylinder heads
- FRONT SUSPENSION: Ø 43 mm usd fork
- FRONT WHEEL: 10-spoke light alloy, 3.5″ x 17″
- FRONT TYRE: 120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso III
- REAR SUSPENSION: Progressive linkage with adjustable monoshock, Aluminium double-sided swing-arm
- REAR WHEEL: 10-spoke light alloy, 5.5″ x 17″
- REAR TYRE: 180/55 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso III
- WHEEL TRAVEL (FRONT/REAR): 130 mm /140 mm (5.12 in / 5.51 in)
- FRONT BRAKE: 2 x Ø 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo M4-32 callipers, 4-piston, axial pump with Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- REAR BRAKE: Ø 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper with Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- DRY WEIGHT: 180.5 kg (398 lb)
- WET WEIGHT (NO FUEL): 195 kg (430 lb)
- SEAT HEIGHT: Adjustable 785 mm – 810 mm (30.91 in – 31.89 in)
- WHEELBASE: 1,480 mm (58.27 in)
- FUEL TANK CAPACITY: 16.5 l (4.36 US gal)
- STANDARD EQUIPMENT: Riding Modes, Power Modes, Ducati Safety Pack (Bosch ABS + Ducati Traction Control DTC), Ride-by-Wire, TFT colour display, Passenger seat cover. Up&down Quickshift (DQS), Anti-theft system, Ducati Data Analyzer (DDA) ready.
- WARRANTY: 24 months, Unlimited mileage
- MAINTENANCE SERVICE INTERVALS: 15,000 km (9,000 mi) / 12 months
- VALVE CLEARANCE CHECK: 30,000 km (18,000 mi)