Luxury motorcycle brand Ducati, has announced the launch of Panigale V4 R in India at an introductory price of INR 51,87,000 (ex-showroom India). Embodied with the maximum expression of Ducati values, racing-inspired livery and Ducati’s racing DNA, the new Panigale V4 R is a symphony of emotions and the most powerful production bike ever.
Panigale V4 R will be limited to 5 units in India and bookings for the motorcycle are now open across all Ducati dealerships in India. For bookings made before November 30, 2018, deliveries will commence in the early part of Q1 2019 – for all bookings post November, deliveries will begin in Q2 2019.
Sergi Canovas, Managing Director of Ducati said, “Riding on track is becoming more and more popular here in India. I myself saw firsthand some top talent participate at our DRE as well as the recent National cup. Panigale V4 marked an important era in Ducati’s racing journey globally and Panigale V4 R is the true embodiment of Ducati values: style, sophistication and performance. After the overwhelming response of Panigale V4 in India, we are confident that the Panigale V4 R will disrupt the racing and riding experience of biking enthusiasts in India. Merged with the essence of the Panigale V4 S and Ducati’s racing DNA, Panigale V4 R is an ultimate road-legal race bike which will definitely set a new paradigm in the motorcycle industry.”
The Panigale V4 R is a road-legal WSBK category racing bike and constitutes the technical platform for the official Ducati Superbikes that will compete in the 2019 season. The 1,103 cm3 90° V4 engine has been replaced with the 998 cm3 Desmosedici Stradale R which brings it within the displacement limits established by WSBK championship rules.
The bike features a new fairing incorporating wings elements of MotoGP origin. It also has race-grade Öhlins suspension with mechanical adjustment and an aluminium swingarm with an adjustable four-position axle. Moreover, the Front Frame has been modified to achieve the stiffness targets set by Ducati Corse. Sophisticated electronic controls borrowed from the Panigale V4 S now have revised threshold levels to make them more compatible with pro rider requirements.
The modifications extend far beyond the engine and suspension set-up: for the first time they also include an Aero Pack designed directly by Ducati Corse in close collaboration with the Ducati Style Centre to improve on-track aerodynamic efficiency.
Bookings for the new Panigale V4 R are now open across all Ducati dealerships in Delhi – NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Kochi, Kolkata & Chennai.
Ducati Panigale V4 R Tech Specs
- Engine: 998cc, Desmosedici Stradale 90° V4, rearward-rotating crankshaft, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, liquid cooled
- Maximum Power: 162 kW (221 hp) @ 15,250 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 112 Nm (83 lb-ft) @ 11,500 rpm
- Fuel Injection: Electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full ride-by-wire elliptical throttle bodies with aerodynamic valves. Variable length intake system
- Exhaust System: 4-2-1-2 system, with 2 catalytic converters and 2 lambda probes
- Gearbox: 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down EVO
- Front Brake: 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc Stylema (M4.30) 4-piston callipers with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Rear Brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Dry Weight: 172 kg (379 lb)
- Wet Weight: 193 kg (425 lb)
- Seat Height: 830 mm (32.7 in)
- Front Suspension: Fully adjustable 43 mm Öhlins NPX pressurized fork with TiN treatment
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit. Aluminium single-sided swingarm, adjustable pivot position
- Front Tyre: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tyre: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 200/60 ZR17