Must-Know Facts About 2019 Hero xPulse 200: With the official images for the Hero XPulse 200 released, some of the facts about the upcoming adventure bike from the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer have become clearer while some new facts have come to light as well. This upcoming bike will be the successor to the Impulse 150 which, even though was a hit in the Indian market, has been discontinued in the country.
The sales of the Impulse 150 was extremely low due to the underpowered engine of the bike. Hero has sought to overcome this problem by bringing in their all-new 200cc engine powered bike which is likely to be priced under the Rs 1 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) mark when launched. Here are 5 quick facts about the 200cc Hero xPulse.
5 Must-Know Facts About 2019 Hero xPulse 200
1) Design and Style: The Hero XPulse 200 features a tall stance which stands out. Unlike most bikes, it has a large front wheel, and the headlamp is a classic round-shaped one and from the official images, it is clear that it would come equipped with LED DRLs. There is a luggage rack on the rear end of the Hero XPulse 200 for long-distance touring. The bike will feature a digital instrument cluster along with an engine kill switch.
2) Safety: The upcoming bike from Hero will possess a windscreen upfront and knuckle guards on the handlebars to protect the rider in case of a fall. For the lovers of off-roading, there is an added engine bash plate to protect the oil sump. Although there are disc brakes on both ends, it will also feature a single-channel ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System).
3) Engine and Transmission: The 2019 Hero XPulse 200 will have a 200cc single-cylinder air-cooled fuel-injected engine which will allow the bike to have a maximum power of 18.4 HP and a maximum torque figure of 17.1 Nm. This engine will be coupled with a 5-speed transmission. The engine on the XPulse 200 will be tuned differently from the one that will be there on the Xtreme 200R.
4) Wheels and Suspension: The upcoming bike will come equipped with a long-travel suspension with 190mm travel for the telescopic forks and a 21-inch wheel on the front end. The rear end of the bike will feature a long-travel suspension with 180mm travel for the monoshock suspension and a 19-inch rear wheel. This would result in an excellent ground clearance of 220mm.
5) Expected Price & Key Rivals: Hero xPulse 200 is expected to be priced around INR 1 lakh (ex-showroom) and at this price point, the bike has no direct rivals. The closest possible adventure bike in terms of price is Royal Enfield Himalayan @ INR 1.80 Lakh.
Latest Update: Hero Motocorp has also made the new xPulse 200T official along with the regular adventure version. The new variant will be available with alloy wheels, lower placed exhaust, and a different seat. The brand is expected to place the spoke wheel xPulse at a higher point as the T variant comes with regular tires in comparison to the thick tread unit on the adventure version. Hero xPulse and xPulse 200T are expected to launch in India next month.