Honda has officially launched the 2018 CBR250R in India with a starting price tag of INR 1.63 Lakh (Ex-showroom Delhi). The updated India-specific model was officially reintroduced in India @ Auto Expo 2018.
Breaking the hopes of fans who were eagerly waiting for the new CBR150R and CBR300R, Honda brought the same model back with slight changes in the list of features on CBR250R.
2018 model of CBR250R comes with dual channel ABS as optional while halogen lights have been replaced by LED lights at the front. Mars Orange and Striking Green are two new shades on offer for 2018 CBR250R.
The 249cc, single cylinder engine on 2018 CBR250R is good for 26.5 HP at 8500 rpm and 22.9 Nm at 7000 rpm. It uses the same 6-speed manual gearbox. Front comes with a single 298 mm disc while rear uses 220mm disc for braking purpose.
They have retained the same telescopic front suspension. While few fans will feel delighted to have the reliable workhorse back into Honda India lineup, others will feel surely left out. It’s hard to say how will fans react to this step taken by Honda. Most of them were expecting a new CBR300R to get a perfect rival for recently launched Apache RR310.
2018 CBR250R Price List
The 2018 India-spec model of 250cc CBR is available in 2 variants: one with without Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) and one with 2-channel ABS. Here are the ex-showroom Delhi prices:
- STD Variant: INR 1,63,584
- ABS Variant: INR 1,93,107
2018 CBR250R Specs
- 249.6cc, Liquid-Cooled Engine
- Fuel Injection, Single Cylinder
- Maximum Power – 26.5 HP @ 8500 rpm
- Maximum Torque – 22.9 NM @ 7000 rpm
- Transmission – 6-Speed Gearbox
- Top Speed – 135 kmph (Claimed)
- Front Suspension – Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension – Mono-Shock
- Front Brake – 296mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake – 220mm Single Disc
- 2-Channel ABS (Optional)
- All-LED Headlamp
- 17-inch Alloy Wheels
- Front Tyre – 110/70-17
- Rear Tyre – 140/70-17
- Length – 2030 mm
- Width – 720 mm
- Height – 1127 mm
- Seat Height – 784 mm
- Ground Clearance – 145 mm
- Wheelbase – 1369 mm
- Kerb Weight – 167 kg
- Fuel Tank – 13 litres
2018 CBR250R Shades
Honda has launched the updated model of CBR250R in India in 4 shades:
- Matte Axis Gray Metallic with Mars Orange
- Matte Axis Gray Metallic with Striking Green
- Pearl Sports Yellow
- Sports Red