2019 Honda CBR250RR is the most powerful quarter-litre machine one can imagine riding in the present generation of lightweight sportbikes. The motorcycle entered the latest generation with exclusive shades and features that are not seen on any nearby rival. Here are 5 must-know facts about the 2019 Honda CBR250RR.
5 Must-Know Facts About 2019 Honda CBR250RR
1) Excellent Head-Turning Design: The sharp design is complemented by dual barrel exhaust, USD gold forks and huge petal disc brakes. The fuel tank is chiselled to the soul while rear end stays sharper than any other rival around the segment. The front flaunts two aggressive lights and a perfectly designed windscreen.
2) Powerful 250cc Twin-Cylinder Engine: 2019 Honda CBR250RR is available with a 249.7cc, liquid cooled and fuel injected engine, producing 38.7 HP at 12,500 rpm and 23.3 Nm at 11,000 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The motorcycle claims 179 kph of top speed and takes just 6.2 seconds to reach 100 kph from a standstill.
3) Advanced & Very Informative Instrument Console: Honda CBR250RR features an all-digital console with light readings on the dark base. The speedometer value is accompanied by a borderline tachometer, ride mode indicator and gear shift indicator. The overall space is very well divided to bring digital clock and odometer into action. The console looks directly derived from a 1000cc superbike-spec machine.
4) Segment-First Features: 2019 Honda CBR250RR is equipped with ride-by-wire and riding modes. No other motorcycle in this segment gets these 2 features, not even as an option. The three riding modes are Comfort, Sport, and Sport+. The USD forks were earlier exclusive to the CBR250RR but Yamaha R25/R3 got this feature in the 2019 version.
5) Launch Status in India: This may not be a piece of good news for Honda fans but the launch of CBR250RR in India is only possible via local production route. At present, the ABS model of CBR250RR is available in Japan for 806,760 Yen (INR 4.99 lakh, approximate). An aggressive and affordable price tag via CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route is not possible as placing the sports bike at around INR 3.75-4.00 lakh (ex-showroom) would not get the number of buyers required by Honda to keep the operations going.
If Honda starts the local production of CBR250RR and manages to price the sports bike at around INR 3 lakh, only then the brand would be able to get a decent sales number in India. As of now, HMSI has not announced anything officially regarding the launch of CBR250RR in India. The brand may consider the sports bike for the Indian market at a later stage in future.
Honda CBR250RR Colors
2019 Honda CBR250RR Specs
- Displacement: 249.7cc
- 4-Stroke, 8-Valve, Parallel Twin
- Fuel System: PGM-FI
- Cooling: Liquid Cooling
- Power: 38.7 HP @ 12,500 rpm
- Torque: 23.3 NM @ 11,000 rpm
- Gearbox: 6-Speed
- Mileage: 40.1 kmpl (Certified)
- Overall Length: 2060 mm
- Overall Width: 724 mm
- Overall Height: 1098 mm
- Ground Clearance: 145 mm
- Seat Height: 790 mm
- Wheelbase: 1389 mm
- Wet Weight: 165 kg (STD)
- Wet Weight: 168 kg (ABS)
- Fuel Tank: 14.5 litres
- Front Brake: 310mm Disc
- Rear Brake: 240mm Disc
- 2-Channel Anti-lock Braking System
- Front Tyre 110/70-17 54S
- Rear Tyre 140/70-17 66S
- Front Suspension: USD Forks
- Rear Suspension: Adjustable Monoshock