2019 Honda CBR250RR is the most powerful quarter liter one can imagine to ride in the present generation of lightweight bikes. The motorcycle entered the latest generation with exclusive shades and features that are not seen on any nearby rival. Here are 5 must-know facts about the 2019 Honda CBR250RR.
2019 Honda CBR250RR Facts
1) Excellent Head-Turning Design: The sharp design is complemented by dual barrel exhaust, USD gold forks and huge petal disc brake. The fuel tank is chiseled to the soul while rear end stays sharper than any other rival around the segment. The front flaunts two aggressive lights and perfectly designed windscreen.
2) Powerful 250cc Twin-Cylinder Engine: 2019 Honda CBR250RR is available with a 249.7cc, liquid cooled and fuel injected engine, producing 38.7 HP at 12,500 rpm and 23.3 Nm at 11,000 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The motorcycle claims 179 kph of top speed and takes just 6.2 seconds to reach 100 kph from standstill.
3) Advanced & Very Informative Instrument Console: Honda CBR250RR features an all-digital console with light readings on the dark base. The speedometer value is accompanied by a borderline tachometer, ride mode indicator and gear shift indicator. The space is well divided to bring digital clock and odometer into action. The console looks directly derived from a superbike spec machine.
4) Segment-First Features: 2019 Honda CBR250RR features ride-by-wire and riding modes as an exclusive feature. No other motorcycle in the segment get this feature, even as an option. The three riding modes are Comfort, Sport and Sport+. The USD forks were earlier exclusive to the machine but Yamaha R25/R3 brought this feature in the 2019 version.
5) Launch Status in India: This may not be a good news for Honda fans but bringing CBR250RR in India will take local production route. The possibility of lower pricing via CKD is not here as placing the same at around INR 3.75 lakh (ex-showroom) would not get the amount of buyers required for Honda to keep operations going. Local production may bring the price down to a considerable level. As of now, Honda has not announced anything officially regarding the launch of CBR250RR in India.
Honda CBR250RR Colors
Honda CBR250RR Specs
- Engine: 4-Stroke, 8-Valve, Parallel Twin
- Fuel System: PGM-FI
- Cooling: Liquid with Auto Electric Fan
- Displacement: 249.7 cc
- Maximum Power: 38.7 HP @ 12,500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 23.3 NM @ 11,000 rpm
- Gearbox: 6-Speed
- Overall Length: 2060 mm
- Overall Width: 724 mm
- Overall Height: 1098 mm
- Ground Clearance: 145 mm
- Seat Height: 790 mm
- Wheelbase: 1389 mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight: 165 kg (STD)
- Kerb/Wet Weight: 168 kg (ABS)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 14.5 litres
- Front Brake: 310mm Disc, Dual Piston
- Rear Brake: 240mm Disc, Single Piston
- 2-Channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Front Suspension: USD Forks
- Rear Suspension: Adjustable Monoshock
- Front Tyre 110/70-17 54S
- Rear Tyre 140/70-17 66S