Honda CB150R ExMotion is the youngest streetfighter that carries forward the Neo Cafe Racer design language for the Asian markets as CB125R is specific to certain European markets only. The motorcycle comes with various unique options in comparison to other 150cc rival products, helping us create these five must-know facts for the potential lightweight product.
1) Unique Design Lines – As most brands focus on making their street machines sharper than ever, Honda took the U-turn and went back to the round headlight design lines for the CB150R ExMotion. The motorcycle features chiselled fuel tank, round headlight with LED illumination and a thin tail light section with an extended fender.
2) USD Front Forks – Honda CB150R comes with front USD forks with a golden finish for the best ever handling experience. The finish helps the motorcycle survive premium feel of rivals while decent component design further complements the overall profile. The rear comes with a red monoshock on the CB150R ExMotion.
3) Petal Disc Brakes – The more efficient petal disc brakes for the motorcycle are lighter than standard brakes and helps the motorcycle keep unsprung weight low for a better riding experience. The 296mm front and 220mm rear brakes are available with ABS as standard. Motorcycles of this segment are also available with similar features.
4) Riding Dynamics – The motorcycle comes with a 149cc, single cylinder engine with an undisclosed output. The best part is the low 123 kg of wet weight, making the values similar to a 125cc motorcycle of India. The most powerful motorcycle of this segment is Yamaha MT-15 and it brings 19.3 HP of max power.
5) Expected Launch and Price – CB150R ExMotion is expected to launch in India this year due to two solid reasons. First, the launch of CB300R confirmed that the design language is now available in India and sharing parts between them could be a reality and second, the launch of Yamaha MT-15 is nearing fast. Bringing Honda CB150R ExMotion under INR 1.50 lakh would be a winning deal for the brand.
CB150R ExMotion Photos
CB150R ExMotion Tech Specs
- Engine Displacement: 149cc
- Liquid-Cooled, 4-Stroke, Single Cylinder
- Maximum Power: 18-19 HP (Rumoured)
- Gearbox: 6-Speed
- Overall Length: 1973mm
- Overall Width: 822mm
- Overall Height: 1053mm
- Wheelbase: 1296mm
- Ground Clearance: 139mm
- Seat Height: 795mm
- Fuel Tank: 8.5litres
- Weight: 123kg
- Front Suspension: 41mm USD Forks
- Rear Suspension: Monoshock
- Front Brake: 296mm Single Disc (ABS)
- Rear Brake: 220mm Single Disc (ABS)
- Front Tyre: 110/70-17
- Rear Tyre: 150/60-17
Honda CB150R ExMotion Key Features
Honda CB150R ExMotion Colors