Honda CBR250RR is the most powerful twin-cylinder quarter-litre machine one can imagine riding in the present generation of lightweight sportbikes. The motorcycle recently entered the latest generation with exclusive shades and features that are not seen on any nearby rival. Here are 5 must-know facts about the Honda CBR250RR.
5 Must-Know Facts About Honda CBR250RR
1) Excellent Head-Turning Design: The sharp design of the sportbike is complemented by the double-barrel exhaust system, golden USD forks, and huge petal disc brakes. The fuel tank is chiselled to the soul while rear end stays sharper than any other rival around the segment. The front design of the Honda CBR250RR flaunts two aggressive lights and a perfectly designed windscreen.
2) Powerful 250cc Twin-Cylinder Engine: The Honda CBR250RR is equipped with a 249.7cc, liquid-cooled and fuel-injected engine that is capable to generate a maximum power of 38.7HP @ 12,500 rpm and a peak torque of 23.3Nm @ 11,000 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox while the motorcycle claims 179kph of top speed and takes just 6.2secs to reach 100kph from a standstill.
3) Advanced & Very Informative Instrument Console: Honda CBR250RR features an all-digital console with inverted colours. The speedometer value is accompanied by a borderline tachometer, ride-mode indicator and gear-shift indicator. The overall space is very well divided to bring digital clock and odometer into action. The console looks directly derived from a 1000cc superbike-spec machine.
4) Segment-First Features: Honda CBR250RR is equipped with ride-by-wire technology and riding modes. No other motorcycle in the 250cc segment gets these 2 features, not even as an option. The three riding modes are Comfort, Sport, and Sport+. The USD forks were earlier exclusive to the CBR250RR but the MY2020 Yamaha R25/R3 recently got this feature.
5) Launch Status in India: This may not be a piece of good news for Honda fans but the launch of CBR250RR in India is only possible via local production route. At present, the ABS model of the sportbike is available in Japan for 806,760 Yen (INR 4.99 lakh, approximate).
An aggressive and affordable price tag via CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route is not possible as placing the CBR250RR at around INR 3.75-4.00 lakh (ex-showroom) would not get the number of buyers required by Honda to keep the operations going.
If Honda starts the local production of CBR250RR and manages to price the sports bike at around INR 3 lakh, only then the brand would be able to get a decent sales number in India.
As of now, HMSI has not announced anything officially regarding the launch of the CBR250RR in India. The brand may consider the sports bike for the Indian market at a later stage in future.
Honda CBR250RR Colors
Honda CBR250RR Specs
- Displacement: 249.7cc
- 4-Stroke, 8-Valve, Parallel Twin
- Fuel System: PGM-FI
- Cooling: Liquid Cooling
- Power: 38.7HP @ 12,500 rpm
- Torque: 23.3Nm @ 11,000 rpm
- Gearbox: 6-Speed
- Mileage: 40.1 kmpl (Certified)
- Overall Length: 2060 mm
- Overall Width: 724 mm
- Overall Height: 1098 mm
- Ground Clearance: 145 mm
- Seat Height: 790 mm
- Wheelbase: 1389 mm
- Wet Weight: 165 kg (STD)
- Wet Weight: 168 kg (ABS)
- Fuel Tank: 14.5 litres
- Front Brake: 310mm Disc
- Rear Brake: 240mm Disc
- 2-Channel Anti-lock Braking System
- Front Tyre 110/70-17 54S
- Rear Tyre 140/70-17 66S
- Front Suspension: USD Forks
- Rear Suspension: Adjustable Monoshock