Honda NSF250R (MR03) is every rider’s dream motorcycle as the number of features available on the same are worth praising. The motorcycle is a part of Honda’s racing legacy and a few factors like its high power output and low kerb weight are definitely the game changers for the quarter-litre segment. Here are five must-know facts for the NSF250R.
5 Must-Know Facts About Honda NSF250R
1) High Output & Performance – The 249.3cc, single cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC engine on the motorcycle is good for 47.6 HP at 13,000 rpm and 28 Nm at 10,500 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The motorcycle is good for 566 HP/tonne of power-to-weight ratio. Also, the most effective point here is just 84 kg of kerb weight. The engine also features programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI).
2) Aerodynamic Design – The full-faired design of the Honda NSF250R comes without any headlight or taillight, further offering a visor that is longer than standard options available in road-legal bikes. The wheels look practical in design and not just that, also saves some weight from the unsprung category. The focus stays on keeping the body more streamlined and light.
3) Moto3 Achievements – The product is here in India for the NSF250R talent cup. The Moto3 racing machine has got four titles on its side. The motorcycle entered the league in 2012 and got these titles in a short period. The development team named HRC (Honda Racing Corporation) is behind the construction and the bikes seen in India have been imported directly from Japan.
4) Premium Components – The motorcycle comes with a 296mm front disc and a 186mm rear disc, both being equipped with Nissin callipers. The Dunlop racing tires further make the motorcycle a confident ride. The lightweight character comes from an aluminium frame while the front suspension is USD (Up-Side Down) type with a black outer casing. The race machine also comes with RAM air-intake system as standard.
5) Not for Sale – For those who are thinking of buying a Honda NSF250R, the motorcycle is not on sale and can only be used for the NSF250R cup. The brand has selected eight Indian riders for the event. The powerful machine is available only to these riders and also, they can use the motorcycle for track-specific riding only.