KTM Duke 790 is one of the most anticipated motorcycles to be launched in India shortly. The brand will be offering only 100 units of the motorcycle in the country making it one of the limited edition motorcycles to be owned. As per the latest buzz, the key technical specifications and features of the India-spec KTM Duke 790 have surfaced online ahead of its official launch. According to one of the KTM dealers, the brand will be introducing the upcoming motorcycle at a price tag of INR 8.50 lakh (ex-showroom).
Powering the KTM Duke 790 is a 799cc, 8-valve, DOHC engine that is capable of churning out a maximum power of 105HP at 9000rpm and a peak torque of 87Nm at 8000 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed transmission.
The riding aids offered to the motorcycle feature a Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC) system that reduces the engine output to further offer smooth riding. The Quickshifter+ system helps the motorcycle in offering slick, clutchless up and downshifts.
The suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by 43mm USD forks at the front while the rear features a monoshock suspension. The KTM Duke 790 gets disc brakes at either end mated to a dual-channel ABS unit by BOSCH as standard.
KTM Duke 790 Key Specs
- Engine: 799cc, 8-valve, DOHC Parallel-Twin Cylinder, Liquid-Cooled
- Maximum Power: 105HP @ 9000rpm
- Maximum Torque: 87Nm @ 8000 rpm
- Engine Management: Bosch EMS with EBW
- Transmission: 6 Gears
- Traction Control: MTC (3-Mode + Track, Disengageable)
- Front Brake: 2x Radially Mounted 4 Piston Caliper, 300mm Disc Brakes
- Rear Brake: 2 Piston Caliper, 240mm Disc Brake
- ABS: Bosch 9.1 MP (incl Cornering ABS and Supermoto Mode, Disengageable)
- Front Suspension: 43mm WP USD
- Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock
- Clutch: Cable Operated PASC Slipper Clutch
- Dry Weight: 169 kgs (Approximate)
- Frame: Powder Coated Steel Frame