Classic Legends today officially launched the upgraded model of the Jawa 42 for INR 1.64 lakh (ex-showroom). The retro-modern motorcycle is now equipped with a rear disc brake and dual-channel ABS. The brand also launched the updated model of Classic 300 with an ex-showroom price tag of INR 1.73 lakh. Jawa is charging around INR 9000 for the rear disc and dual-channel ABS.
Apart from the addition of a rear disc brake and 2-channel ABS, there are no changes in terms the engine specifications and the overall design of the motorcycles. The deliveries of the dual-channel ABS model will start from June next year and the customers who have booked the single-channel ABS model can upgrade to the dual-Channe ABS model without any change in the booking amount.
Jawa Classic 300 and Jawa 42 are powered by a single cylinder 293cc engine, which generates maximum power of 27 bhp and maximum torque of 28 Nm. The engine is liquid-cooled, BS6, fuel-injected, and is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The brand will launch the much-awaited Perak Bobber in India in the 2nd half of 2019. Jawa recently opened 5 dealerships in India: 3 in Bengaluru and 2 in Pune. Next city on the list is Delhi and it will get the dealerships in a few days.
Jawa 42 Price List
- Rear Drum Brake with 1-Channel ABS: INR 1.55 Lakh
- Rear Disc Brake with 2-Channel ABS: INR 1.64 Lakh
*Above-mentioned prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
Jawa 42 Rear Disc Model Specs
- Engine: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke, Liquid Cooled, DOHC
- Displacement: 293cc
- Bore x Stroke: 76 x 65 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11:1
- Maximum Power: 27 BHP
- Maximum Torque: 28 Nm
- Gearbox: Constant Mesh, 6-Speed
- Frame: Double Cradle
- Front Tyre: 90/90-18
- Rear Tyre: 120/80-17
- Front Suspension: Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension: Gas Canister, Hydraulic Twin Shock
- Front Brake: 280mm Disc with ABS
- Rear Brake: Rear Disc with ABS
- Seat Height: 765mm
- Wheelbase: 1369mm
- Kerb Weight: 171 kg (Approx.)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 14 litres