Jawa deliveries have officially commenced in India and it marks the beginning of a competitive era for the retro-modern motorcycle manufacturers of India. The 1st Jawa motorcycle has been delivered to Mr Virender Singh by Col. LK Anand (Retd). According to the brand, the first 100 motorcycles will be delivered by an ex-Defence Personnel.
The much-awaited motorcycles will now be seen ruling the roads once again as they were seen doing a few decades ago. However, the concept of motorcycling has evolved a lot during this time, with buyers preferring niche segments for leisure and commuter-centric machines for everyday use. The story of Jawa bikes for India started with the formation of the Classic Legends brand that now manages the dealership network and production of these impressive machines for the country.
The first phase of Jawa deliveries will cover the bookings that were received in 2018. The current production rate is much lower than the rate of bookings as Jawa seems to be sold out for the entire 2019. The long 6-9 month waiting period is not what everyone expects and thus, those without an option to wait are still going for the Royal Enfield motorcycles.
Jawa recently auctioned signature edition motorcycles and the auction fetched INR 1.43 crore in total, and as the brand announced earlier, they will donate every rupee earned from the auction for the education of children of the martyrs. The brand plans to dominate the 300cc motorcycle segment with Jawa 42 and Jawa 300. They will also start accepting bookings for the Perak bobber by the end of this year or in early 2020.
Ex-Showroom Price List
- Jawa 42 (Rear Drum + 1-Channel ABS): INR 1.55 Lakh
- Jawa 42 (Rear Disc + 2-Channel ABS): INR 1.64 Lakh
- Jawa 300 (Rear Drum + 1-Channel ABS): INR 1.64 Lakh
- Jawa 300 (Rear Disc + 2-Channel ABS): INR 1.73 Lakh
- Engine: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke
- Liquid Cooled, DOHC, BS6-Ready
- Displacement: 293cc
- Bore x Stroke: 76 x 65 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11:1
- Maximum Power: 27 BHP
- Maximum Torque: 28 Nm
- Gearbox: 6-Speed
- Frame: Double Cradle
- Front Tyre: 90/90-18
- Rear Tyre: 120/80-17
- Front Suspension: Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension: Hydraulic Twin Shocks
- Front Brake: 280mm Disc
- Rear Brake: 153mm Drum (Optional Disc)
- 1-Channel ABS/2-Channel ABS
- Seat Height: 765mm
- Wheelbase: 1369mm
- Kerb Weight: 170 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 14-litres