Classic Legends officially launched the New Jawa Perak Bobber in India back in November 2019 with an ex-showroom price tag of INR 1.95 lakhs. It is the new flagship product from the brand that is equipped with a higher displacement engine and a variety of unique components. Perak is the third Jawa bike whereas it is the first bobber being offered by the brand in the Indian market. Classic Legends recently also commenced the deliveries of the Perak across the country. Here are the five must-know facts about the New Jawa Perak Bobber.
5 Must-Know Facts About New Jawa Perak
1) High Output Engine – The 334cc single-cylinder engine is good for 30.64 HP of maximum power and 32.74 Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The rpm values are undisclosed like the rest of the Jawa motorcycles though, one can expect Jawa to reveal the same at a later stage. The Perak’s engine is liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, and it is BS6-compliant to meet current emission norms. The motorcycle is expected to return a mileage figure of around 35 kmpl.
2) Dual-Channel ABS – When both the other Jawa motorcycles were available with just single-channel ABS, Perak was the only model to feature a dual-channel unit at the brand’s launch event in November 2018. Later, Jawa introduced 2-channel ABS in the Classic and Forty-Two models as well, and now, all three motorcycles are equipped with a dual-channel ABS unit.
3) Extended Wheelbase – The swingarm of the New Jawa Perak Bobber is different in comparison to the regular Jawa models and thus, not just virtual but practical change in length is witnessed. The bobber profile has been completed through an exclusive tire hugger and a floating seat on the motorcycle. The Jawa Perak even comes with a unique set of bar-end rearview mirrors.
4) Blacked-out Components – The spoked rims, suspension parts, engine, and the exhaust system have been painted in black to create an impressive profile for the bobber. Even the paint scheme seen on the Perak is inspired by bigger bikes like the Dark Horse variants of the Indian cruiser motorcycles. Even the analogue-digital instrument console of the Jawa Perak carries the all-black theme.
5) Availability Status & Price – The pre-bookings for the motorcycle commenced in India on January 1, 2020, while the brand recently started the deliveries from July 20, 2020, after a delay of 3 months due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic situation. The Jawa Perak is available with an ex-showroom price tag of INR 1.95 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi).
New Jawa Perak Bobber
Key Technical Specifications
- Engine Displacement – 334cc
- Maximum Power – 30.64 HP
- Maximum Torque – 32.74 Nm
- Transmission – 6-Speed
- Single Cylinder, Liquid-Cooled
- Fuel Injection, DOHC, 4-Stroke
- Double Cradle Tubular Frame
- Front Tyre – 100/90-18
- Rear Tyre – 140/70-17
- Telescopic Hydraulic Front Forks
- 7-Step Adjustable Rear Monoshock
- 280mm Front Disc Brake
- 240mm Rear Disc Brake
- 2-Channel ABS
- Seat Height – 750mm
- Wheelbase – 1485mm
- Ground Clearance – 145mm
- Fuel Tank – 14 litres
- Kerb Weight – 175kg