Kawasaki Ninja H2R is a dream machine of every true motorcycle enthusiast of India. The powerful motorcycle has numerous exclusive features and above all, a technology that puts 1.5 times the power into a similar package when compared to regular sporty options available in the country. The output values can leave any potential product, even a track-focused race car, in confusion to accept the challenge. Here are 15 important points that one should know about the motorcycle.
Kawasaki Ninja H2R
15 Must-Know Facts
1) World’s Fastest Production Bike – Ninja H2R touched the 400 kph top speed when World Supersport champion Kenan Sofuoglu took it for a ride on the Osman Gazi bridge near Istanbul. The feat was achieved in just 26 seconds on the closed bridge. The rider normally experiences 300 kph of speeds on average during the Supersport races and this was a new experience for him too. The record was made during low wind conditions.
2) Self-Healing Paint – The original silver mirror paint finish helps the motorcycle stay young among other supersport machines of the world. The highly durable paint automatically heals the scratches as hard and soft segments of the paintwork together to create a smooth layer all the time. The paint only heals scratches from the soft sources.
3) Bank Angle Display – Kawasaki Ninja H2R comes with a bank angle display that records the maximum angle achieved and shows the same whenever required. The inertial measurement unit on the motorcycle is very effective and helps the H2R bring such impressive features.
4) Not Road Legal – The motorcycle is only for track use or in special cases, roads that have been legally closed for an event. The lack of mandatory parts like the headlight, taillight, and mirrors make H2R a limited-use product. In other words, you won’t get a number plate for your motorcycle.
5) Supercharged Engine – Kawasaki brings the 998cc, supercharged engine into the motorcycling world, producing 310 HP in normal and 326 HP in the RAM air-assist mode. The power is achieved at 14,000 rpm while 165 Nm of torque is available at 12,500 rpm. Ninja H2R loves being revved and taking the range into 5-digit number brings exclusive performance.
6) Carbon Fiber Wings – Ninja H2R comes with carbon fiber wings for improved downforce and those are placed at the same location as the rear view mirrors on regular bikes. The setup is lightweight and very effective when considering speeds of over 300 kph.
7) Bridgestone Battlax V01 Tires – Kawasaki offers the most impressive rubber combination on the H2R, that too with a unique way of listing the size. The race-spec tires can’t be changed at will as every electronic feature is configured according to their dimensions and capability.
8) Single-sided Swingarm – The premium single-sided swingarm saves some weight and looks very impressive when seen from any of the sides. As the disc brake and swingarm stays on the left side of the rider, the right looks very sporty with just the visible alloy design and titanium exhaust system of the H2R.
9) Brembo Brakes – The 330mm, dual Brembo semi-floating brakes with 5.5mm of thickness help keeping the unsprung weight low and takes the stopping power to a new level. The rear comes with 250mm rear disc brake with 2-piston unit while the front features M50 4-piston setup.
10) Ohlins Suspension – Ninja H2R comes with Ohlins TTX36 gas-charged shock with 135mm of travel. Not just that, the precise steering damper is also made in collaboration with Ohlins. The front suspension is a 43mm USD unit with 120mm of travel.
11) Informative Console – Kawasaki Ninja H2R comes with an informative console with analogue tachometer and TFT display for rest of the values. The screen features a gear indicator, speedometer and trip meter with the highest amount of readability.
12) Availability & Price in India – Ninja H2R is available in India for INR 75.80 lakh and attracts just 1% TCS over the same for the total value. The charges related to RTO documentation are not applicable on the H2R. The total one time cost adds up to INR 76.56 lakh for the motorcycle.
13) India vs US Price – The huge INR 75.80 lakh price tag is due to the huge amount of taxes applicable to the import. On the other hand, the Ninja H2R costs just $55,000 (INR 38.40 lakh approx) in the US market. The price is almost double in India and thus, the number of units sold is directly affected by the difference. The first 2019 Ninja H2R was recently delivered by Anzen Kawasaki in Mumbai (Know More).
14) Service Interval – The Ninja H2R requires regular checkups at every 15 hours of operation. The console calculates the time automatically and not just that, only the number of minutes above 8000 rpm is calculated by the system.
15) No Warranty – Even after spending INR 76.56 lakh on the motorcycle, the buyer is offered no warranty on any of the components by Kawasaki. Even the engine and basic parts are out of warranty on the H2R. Every service falls under the paid segment for the motorcycle.
Kawasaki Ninja H2R Specs
- Engine Displacement – 998cc
- Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, In-line 4 with Supercharger
- Bore and Stroke – 76.0 mm x 55.0 mm
- Compression Ratio – 8.3:1
- Valve System – DOHC, 16 Valves
- Fuel System – Fuel Injection
- Ignition – Digital
- Lubrication – Forced Lubrication
- Transmission – 6 Speed, Return
- Max. Power – 310 HP @ 14,000 rpm
- Max. Power with Ram Air – 326 HP @ 14,000 rpm
- Max. Torque – 165 NM @ 12,500 rpm
- Frame Type – Trellis, High-tensile Steel
- Tyre (Front) – 120/600 R17
- Tyre (Rear) – 190/650 R17
- Wheelbase – 1450 mm
- Ground Clearance – 130 mm
- Seat Height – 830 mm
- Kerb Weight – 216 kg
- Fuel Capacity – 17 Litres
- Overall Length – 2070 mm
- Overall Width – 850 mm
- Overall Height – 1160 mm
- Price – INR 75.80 Lakh (Ex-Showroom)