Kawasaki Ninja 125 is a license-focused and market-specific sportbike that retails for GBP 4399 (INR 4.20 lakh approx) in the United Kingdom. It is based on the Ninja 250SL and the entry-level sportbike is also available in the international markets in the popular KRT colour scheme. Here are five must-know facts about the 125cc Kawasaki Ninja.
5 Facts About Kawasaki Ninja 125
1) Youngest Ninja Around the Globe – The 2020 Kawasaki Ninja 125 holds a significant place among other entry-level sportbikes as it is the youngest one from the legendary Ninja clan. The same motor is also available under Z125 moniker with no fairing at all. The 125cc Ninja competes in the international markets with the likes of Yamaha YZF-R125, KTM RC 125, Aprilia RS 125, Suzuki GSX-R125, and the Honda CBR125R.
2) Quarter-Litre Sportbike Design – The design lines on the Ninja 125 are strictly inspired by Ninja 250SL, offering buyers in the UK and Europe with the same design that is globally available in the quarter-litre segment. The sharp single headlight and attractive fairing mean that you are always ahead of the rivals with an aerodynamic advantage.
3) Premium Components – The Kawasaki Ninja 125 features an all-digital instrument console, fuel injection, liquid cooling, dual overhead camshafts, 290mm front disc, 220mm rear disc, standard 2-channel ABS, 37mm telescopic front forks and a gas-charged rear monoshock. All these features help the Ninja 125 deliver the best-ever riding experience in the 125cc sportbike segment.
4) Engine and Performance – The 125cc single-cylinder engine is capable enough to generate a maximum power figure of 15HP @ 10,000 rpm and a peak torque of 11.7Nm @ 7700 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The power output is higher than most of the entry-level 150cc bikes available in the Indian market.
5) India Launch Plans – As of now, Kawasaki has no plans to launch the Ninja 125 in India, though the brand may consider it for our market in the future. As RC 125 has worked wonders for KTM, similarly, Kawasaki may also start manufacturing the Ninja 125 in India and launch it with a price tag of around INR 1.50-1.60 lakh (ex-showroom), plus they can also export the same to the nearby countries.
Kawasaki Ninja 125 Shades