According to the reports, Kawasaki Motors Private Ltd has issued a mass recall of all its Ninja 300 motorcycles that have been manufactured using locally sourced components between August 16, 2018 – March 12, 2019.
The recall has been issued by the Kawasaki officials considering the issue with the front brake master cylinder made by Endurance. The inadequate hardness of the lip seal of the front brake can make it peel off any second resulting in consecutive brake failure.
All the Kawasaki dealerships have started contacting the Ninja 300 owners for replacing the faulty master cylinder with a new one. The changes made to the motorcycle will be free of charge. A total of 1358 units of Kawasaki Ninja 300 have been recalled as of yet.
To reposition the Ninja 300 with a lower price tag and keeping the production costs under check, the brand started to localise few components of the motorcycle including the brakes, tyres, wheels as well as the plastic used for the body panels.
Being priced at INR 2.98 lakhs (ex-showroom) after localisation, the Ninja 300 is powered by a 296cc, liquid-cooled, twin-cylinder engine capable of churning out a maximum power of 39HP and 27Nm of maximum torque.
The ultimate price cut for the Ninja 300 after the localisation made it one of the most affordable twin-cylinder sports bike in India. The owners can check if their bike is affected by the recall by visiting the official Kawasaki India website or by visiting the nearest authorized Kawasaki service centre.
Ninja 300 ABS Specs
- Displacement: 296 cc
- Maximum Power: 39 HP @ 11000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 27 Nm @ 10000 rpm
- Number of Cylinders: 2
- Number of Gears: 6
- Seat Height: 785 mm
- Ground Clearance: 135 mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight: 179 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 17 litres
- Top Speed: 182 kmph
- Front Brake Single: 290 mm petal disc
- Rear Brake Single: 220 mm petal disc
- 2-Channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Front Suspension: 37 mm telescopic fork
- Rear Suspension: Adjustable monoshock
- Front Wheel Travel: 120 mm
- Rear Wheel Travel: 132 mm
- Front Tyre: 110/70-R17 M/C 54H
- Rear Tyre: 140/70-R17 M/C 66H
- Price: INR 2.98 Lakh (Ex-Showroom)