The 2020 KTM RC 125 sportbike recently got a price hike and it is now available at INR 1.60 lakhs (ex-showroom). Apart from the addition of a new colour scheme as well as minor graphic alterations, the 2020 BS6 model remains more or less the same when compared to the BS4 variant. The updated RC 125 now features a black/white colour scheme while the very famous KTM sports bike orange detailing adds to its authenticity. Here are five quick facts about the 2020 KTM RC 125 sportbike.
5 Quick Facts About KTM RC 125 Sportbike
1) Most Affordable Full-Faired KTM: At present, RC 125 is the most affordable full-faired KTM machine for India at INR 1.60 lakhs (ex-showroom). Since the price difference of INR 24,000 between KTM 200 Duke and RC 200 was good enough to bring an upper edge to the naked streetfighter, the presence of an RC machine will help race fans enjoy responsible power delivery under the track-friendly frame.
2) Impressive Specs & Performance: The 125cc, single-cylinder engine for India is good for 14.5 HP at 9250 rpm and 12 Nm at 8000 rpm. The engine is good for city use and more than that, it could help fans who are going through the learning stage get a safer riding environment. The 3.5 HP of more power than the average 125cc bike is definitely a positive point. The top speed of KTM RC 125 is around 120 kph.
3) Premium Components: KTM RC 125 is equipped with USD front forks, all-digital console, projector headlights, and finest available side fairing. However, the Indian version comes without a side exhaust as the KTM 125 Duke is also equipped with an underbelly exhaust system. The combination of these premium components guarantees class-leading control and quality of riding. The weight factor is also in the RC’s favour here.
4) Design & Style: The impressive Orange and Black combination, aluminium swingarm, mean machine front fascia and other features guarantee that RC 125 is the showstopper of every event. The exhaust sound and impressive seating position further help riders attain confidence while riding through the city roads. The India-spec RC 125 has a unique sticker pattern for gaining more attention.
5) Single-Channel ABS: The buyers looking for safety will enjoy the grip of wide tires once the powerful brakes are applied. More than that, the front brake with ABS means hard braking is no more a problem in city or highway conditions. Here are the key technical specifications of the KTM RC 125.
KTM RC 125 Tech Specs
- Displacement – 124.7cc
- Single Cylinder Engine
- Cooling Type – Liquid-Cooled
- Max. Power – 14.5 HP @ 9250 rpm
- Max. Torque – 12 Nm @ 8000 rpm
- Gearbox – 6-Speed
- Fuel System – Fuel Injection
- Top Speed – 120 kmph (Approx.)
- 1-Channel Anti-Lock Braking System
- Ground Clearance – 157 mm
- Seat Height – 835 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 9.5 litres
- Front Tyre – 110/70-R17
- Rear Tyre – 150/60-R17