5 Reasons Why 250cc KTM RC Sportbike Should be Launched in India
The 250cc KTM RC sportbike is still a dream for many aspiring riders of India. The motorcycle belongs to the most popular RC SuperSport series of KTM and thus, performance runs heavily in each of its body parts. Powered by the same engine as the 250 Duke, RC can successfully bridge the gap between RC 200 and the RC 390. Here are 5 reasons why KTM should launch the New RC 250 in India.
5 Reasons Why 250cc KTM RC Should be Launched in India
1) Excellence in Performance: KTM RC250 is powered by a 248.8cc, single-cylinder engine producing 30HP @ 9000 rpm and 24Nm @ 7500 rpm. This makes it the most powerful quarter-litre sports bike for India. Honda CBR250R and Yamaha Fazer 25 are both touring focused, making RC250 the dream option for those who wish for a quarter-litre track racer. KTM RC 250 will also be equipped with 2-channel ABS as standard like the rest of the motorcycles of its class. Suzuki recently also entered the 250cc full-faired segment with the launch of the Gixxer SF 250 at INR 1.71 lakh (ex-showroom).
2) Premium Orange Finish: RC 250 was recently updated in both Indonesia and Malaysia. The bike now comes with the same side exhaust and Orange shade as RC 125 for the European market. This combination of White and Orange is still not available on any variant in India. The same shade can help KTM sell more units for RC series.
3) Locally Manufactured: KTM manufactures the RC 125, RC 200, RC 250 and RC 390 in India. The same is true for all four Duke models. The brand recently also launched the BS6-compliant 125cc RC motorcycle in India and the RC 250 would be most likely the next big thing that could launch in India.
4) Perfect Expected Price Point: As KTM 200 Duke and 250 Duke have a large number of differences, they still have a price difference of approx INR 28,000. When it comes to RC 200 and the RC 250, the only major difference is a bigger engine. KTM can launch the RC 250 for around INR 2.20 lakh in India. This will even maintain a good difference with the RC 390 due to a large number of additions in the flagship racer.
5) Premium Components: KTM RC 250 is equipped with front USD forks, race-spec chassis, side exhaust and same fully-digital console as RC 390. The track-focused frame on the motorcycle offers a very confident riding position and clip-on handlebars for sharp handling. The RC 250 is expected to share almost every part with the RC 200 along with the 2-channel ABS unit.
250cc KTM RC Key Specs
- Displacement: 248.8 cc
- Maximum Power: 30 HP @ 9000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 24 NM @ 7500 rpm
- No. of Cylinders: 1
- No. of Gears: 6
- Seat Height: 820 mm
- Ground Clearance: 178.5 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 10 litres
- Top Speed: 165 kmph (Approx.)
250cc KTM RC Photos