KTM 125 Duke is now officially available in India for INR 1.32 lakh (updated ex-showroom price). The model comes with ABS and many other segment-first features. Apart from the indirect rivals like Bajaj Pulsar NS200, Yamaha MT-15, and the TVS Apache RTR 200, Duke 125 has no direct competition in India. There are many reasons why one would prefer the 125 Duke over other bikes in this price segment but here are the top five reasons to consider buying the bike.
5 Reasons to Buy KTM 125 Duke
1) Design & Style – KTM 125 Duke shares its design with the popular 200 Duke, carrying exactly similar panels and orange alloy wheels. The iconic headlight, tail light section, and the stylish fuel tank are great for a head-turning appearance. The alloy wheels look impressive as the width of the tyres is comparable to the 250cc-500cc segment bikes you can buy in India.
2) Premium Components – The use of upside-down (USD) forks, all-digital console, 150-section rear tyre, and WP monoshock makes Duke 125 the most premium 125cc motorcycle in India. The parts offer an impressive ride quality that is missing even in the products with double displacement engines from certain brands. The handling stays similar to the KTM Duke 200.
3) Performance – KTM has equipped the 125 Duke with a 124.7cc, single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, that is capable to generate a maximum power of 14.5HP @ 9250 rpm and a peak torque of 12Nm @ 8000 rpm. The regular 125cc engines are good for approximately 11HP of power, leaving the Duke 125 with impressive acceleration ability. The wet weight, however, is slightly on the higher side at 148kg. The approximate top speed of 125 Duke is 115-120kmph, leaving behind even some of the 150cc bikes in India in terms of overall performance.
4) Single-Channel ABS – KTM 125 Duke is the first motorcycle of its segment to carry ABS as standard. The brand had a clean option of introducing the same with CBS and save around INR 10,000 on the initial price but they went forward with single-channel ABS for safer braking.
5) Most-Affordable KTM in India – Duke 200 was earlier the most-affordable KTM in India, leaving buyers with a bill of INR 1.62 lakh for the 1-channel ABS version. Now, getting exactly similar components for INR 1.32 lakh makes KTM 125 Duke a steal deal. However, the power output will be compromised for sure. The prices mentioned here are ex-showroom.
Quick Specs of 125cc KTM Duke
- Displacement: 124.7cc
- Liquid-Cooled, Fuel-Injection
- Max. Power: 14.5HP @ 9250 rpm
- Max. Torque: 12Nm @ 8000 rpm
- No. of Cylinders: Single Cylinder
- No. of Gears: 6-Speed Gearbox
- Seat Height: 818 mm
- Ground Clearance: 175 mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight: 148 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 10.2 litres
- Top Speed: 115-120 kmph (Approx.)
Click Here to Check the Complete Specifications.