New KTM 390 Duke is one of its kind, lightweight and high-performance motorcycle which has actually changed the way performance was seen in the Indian market. The best part for 390 Duke is the use of premium parts, lightweight chassis and an affordable price tag for such high output.
The new bike carries loads of added features, raising the ex-showroom mark to INR 2,48,000. Duke 390 is something which caught the attention of masses with its bright frame and Supersport class performance in its early years. The new version of 390 Duke series is another big step toward success by the Austrian motorcycle manufacturer. Here are 7 reasons why KTM 390 Duke is the best bike in its class:
7 Reasons to Buy New KTM Duke 390
1) Impressive Engine & Lightweight Frame: KTM 390 Duke carries a different frame than the currently sold 200 Duke in India. The first half of the frame remains the same as earlier Duke but the rear section has been slightly changed and most importantly, exposed to the viewers. Unlike the last generation where half of the frame is visible, the new model shows off more with just a single piece seat panel at the end. The engine has also been updated to meet the BS4 emission norms. 390 Duke now generates 44 HP @ 9000 rpm and higher torque value of 37 NM @ 7000 rpm.
2) Powerful LED Headlight: New KTM 390 Duke now carries a Super Duke inspired headlamp assembly with LED lights. The structure has been divided into two parts, throwing a strong beam of crystal clear, focused light on the road. The surrounding of the headlight is actually a horn-shaped DRL on the motorcycle. The motorcycle comes with AHO and thus, one section of the headlight remains always on.
3) Best-in-Class Braking: KTM 390 Duke carries 320mm front and 230mm rear disc brake for shredding speeds with confidence. Apart from that, KTM offers dual-channel ABS from Bosch as standard on the motorcycle. This makes the flagship naked streetfighter an effective machine against any other bike placed under INR 4 lakh. The same dual-channel ABS unit is employed in KTM RC 390.
4) Class-Leading Performance: As this Duke is not as lightweight as the earlier version, performance still rocks every rider who dares to achieve a three-digit figure. Top speed for 390 Duke is 169 kmph while 0-60 kmph takes close to 2.6 seconds. The urge to race still stays on as 2019 KTM 390 Duke takes just 5.8 seconds to achieve 100 kmph from a standstill.
5) Best Design in its Class: New KTM 390 Duke comes with the best available design around its segment. The overall expressions are sharp and one would even notice the superbike inspired tail section of the motorcycle. Use of new 13.4-litre steel fuel tank further raises eyebrows on the street.
6) Full TFT Instrument Console: New KTM 390 Duke features a rectangular, coloured display with more ease in terms of readability and content. It will enable the rider to even pair a smartphone through optional KTM MY Ride package. The buttons on the left handlebars are actually placed for easy operation of the console. Nothing better than this could be found in any bike of this segment.
7) Ride by Wire Technology: Introducing Ride by Wire on the KTM 390 Duke was the best thing KTM did to the favourite bike in their Indian lineup. They have not yet provided extensive features based on the same, including cruise control or traction control but the effect can be seen in the way the motorcycle rides in this new version. It sips the right amount of fuel and delivers power smoothly across the rev-band. It even opens the future possibility of using riding modes in the motorcycle of this class.