BS6 KTM Duke 790 in the Works: KTM India is updating its entire lineup according to the more stringent BS6 emission norms which will be effective from April 1, 2020. The brand has recently launched the BS6 KTM 390 Adventure in the Indian market while the updated Duke 390, Duke 250, as well as the Duke 200, will be launched shortly. In addition to this, the new reports also suggest that the brand will impart the recently launched Duke 790 with a BS6-compliant engine in the coming months.
The KTM Duke 790 was launched back in September 2019 while the rumours suggested that it will not be updated with a BS6-compliant engine. Since that is not the case, the BS6 KTM Duke 790 will indeed be launched in India though not before April 2020. The brand will not offer the Duke 790 on sale for a brief period after the implementation of BS6 emission norms until the updated motorcycle is production-ready. One can expect the BS6 KTM Duke 790 to be launched in the second quarter of this fiscal year.
At present, the BS4 KTM Duke 790 is available in the market at a price tag of INR 8.64 lakh (ex-showroom) while the updated model is expected to get a significant hike in the prices when compared to the present-gen BS4 variant. As per one of the recent updates, KTM is also offering a discount of up to INR 1 lakh on the BS4 Duke 790 to clear the stocks before the implementation of BS6 emission norms.
KTM Duke 790 Key Specs
- Engine: 799cc, 8-valve, DOHC Parallel-Twin Cylinder, Liquid-Cooled
- Maximum Power: 105HP @ 9000rpm
- Maximum Torque: 87Nm @ 8000 rpm
- Engine Management: Bosch EMS with EBW
- Transmission: 6 Gears
- Traction Control: MTC (3-Mode + Track, Disengageable)
- Front Brake: 2x Radially Mounted 4 Piston Caliper, 300mm Disc Brakes
- Rear Brake: 2 Piston Caliper, 240mm Disc Brake
- ABS: Bosch 9.1 MP (incl Cornering ABS and Supermoto Mode, Disengageable)
- Front Suspension: 43mm WP USD
- Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock
- Clutch: Cable Operated PASC Slipper Clutch
- Dry Weight: 169 kgs (Approximate)
- Frame: Powder Coated Steel Frame