The unofficial bookings for KTM 790 Duke have commenced in select cities with a token amount of INR 30,000. The most powerful middleweight streetfighter from KTM, the 790 Duke is powered by a 799cc, twin-cylinder engine producing 105 HP and 86 Nm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The engine output compares the same with Ducati Monster 821, Triumph Street Triple and Yamaha MT-09.
The motorcycle is expected to enter India through the CKD route for the initial time, with KTM considering local production for developing a middleweight motorcycle hub in the coming years as the taxation highly affects the ex-showroom price. KTM 790 Duke is expected to be launched in India in the coming weeks.
When coming through the CKD route, KTM will be getting around 60% of addition on the price for the 790 Duke. The most effective way of bringing 790 Duke is still the local production route like Royal Enfield did for the 650 Twins. Buyers can expect a starting price of INR 6-7 lakh for the 790 Duke while the version loaded with all electronic features can cost more than the expected tag. The motorcycle is available with cornering ABS, quick-shifter, multiple riding modes, stability control, and motor slip regulation. KTM will be using a TFT display console for their flagship Indian product.
KTM 790 Duke Key Specs
- 799cc Parallel-Twin Engine
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Power – 105 HP @ 9000 rpm
- Torque – 86 NM @ 8000 rpm
- Number of Gears – 6
- Seat Height – 825 mm
- Ground Clearance – 186 mm
- Wheelbase – 1475 mm
- Dry Weight – 169 kg
- Kerb/Wet Weight – 189 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 14 litres
- Front Brake – 300mm Dual Disc
- Rear Brake – 240mm Single Disc
- Cornering Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Front Suspension – 43mm WP Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension – WP Monoshock
- Front Wheel Travel – 140 mm
- Rear Wheel Travel – 150 mm