As per a recent report by Autocar, the BS4 model of the KTM Duke 790 is now available in India with a massive discount of INR 2.65 lakh. The Duke 790 was launched in India on September 23, 2019, with a price tag of INR 8.64 lakhs (ex-showroom). The report further suggests that a limited number of units are available at the discounted price tag of INR 5.99 lakh.
The motorcycle is currently available in only 9 cities namely Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Surat, Guwahati, and Chennai. The streetfighter competes with the likes of Ducati Monster 797, Kawasaki Z900, Yamaha MT-09, Triumph Street Triple S, and the Suzuki GSX-S750 in the Indian market. As per the latest details available, KTM India will launch the BS6-compliant model of the Duke 790 later this year.
The KTM Duke 790 is powered by a BS4 799cc, 8-valve, DOHC twin-cylinder engine that is good enough to produce 105HP of maximum power at 9000 rpm and a peak torque of 87Nm @ 8000 rpm. The engine comes paired with a 6-speed transmission. The suspension duties of the motorcycle are handled by 43mm WP USD (upside-down) forks at the front while the rear comes featured with a WP monoshock suspension.
For braking performance, the 790 Duke gets disc brakes at both ends that come mated to a dual-channel ABS unit by BOSCH. The riding aids offered by the motorcycle features a Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC) system that reduces the engine output to further offer smooth riding. The Quickshifter system helps the motorcycle in offering slick, clutchless up and downshifts. Here are the key technical specifications of the India-spec model of the KTM Duke 790.
KTM Duke 790 Key Specs
- Engine: 799cc, 8-valve, DOHC Parallel-Twin Cylinder, Liquid-Cooled
- Maximum Power: 105HP @ 9000rpm
- Maximum Torque: 87Nm @ 8000 rpm
- Engine Management: Bosch EMS with EBW
- Transmission: 6 Gears
- Traction Control: MTC (3-Mode + Track, Disengageable)
- Front Brake: 2x Radially Mounted 4 Piston Caliper, 300mm Disc Brakes
- Rear Brake: 2 Piston Caliper, 240mm Disc Brake
- ABS: Bosch 9.1 MP (incl Cornering ABS and Supermoto Mode, Disengageable)
- Front Suspension: 43mm WP USD
- Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock
- Clutch: Cable Operated PASC Slipper Clutch
- Dry Weight: 169 kgs (Approximate)
- Frame: Powder Coated Steel Frame