KTM has officially started teasing the Duke 790 ahead of the launch of the much-awaited streetfighter in the Indian market on September 23, 2019. The brand has recently posted a teaser image on Instagram and Facebook which says – “Coming Soon – KTM 790 Duke: The Scalpel”. As we reported earlier, the upcoming motorcycle is expected to get an ex-showroom price tag of around INR 8.50 lakh in India.
Powering the KTM Duke 790 is a 799cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, twin-cylinder engine that is capable of churning out a maximum power figure of 105 HP at 9000 rpm and a peak torque of 87Nm at 8000 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed transmission. The suspension duties on the streetfighter are handled by 43mm WP USD forks at the front while the rear features a WP monoshock suspension.
The KTM Duke 790 gets disc brakes at either end mated to a dual-channel ABS unit by BOSCH. The motorcycle will compete with the likes of Ducati Monster 821, Kawasaki Z900, Triumph Street Triple S, and the Suzuki GSX-S750 in the Indian market. Here are the key technical specifications and features of the India-spec model of the Duke 790.
KTM Duke 790 Key Specs
- Engine: 799cc, 8-valve, DOHC Parallel-Twin Cylinder, Liquid-Cooled
- Maximum Power: 105HP @ 9000rpm
- Maximum Torque: 87Nm @ 8000 rpm
- Engine Management: Bosch EMS with EBW
- Transmission: 6 Gears
- Traction Control: MTC (3-Mode + Track, Disengageable)
- Front Brake: 2x Radially Mounted 4 Piston Caliper, 300mm Disc Brakes
- Rear Brake: 2 Piston Caliper, 240mm Disc Brake
- ABS: Bosch 9.1 MP (incl Cornering ABS and Supermoto Mode, Disengageable)
- Front Suspension: 43mm WP USD
- Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock
- Clutch: Cable Operated PASC Slipper Clutch
- Dry Weight: 169 kgs (Approximate)
- Frame: Powder Coated Steel Frame