KTM Duke 790 Sales Report (September 2019): As per a report by ACI, the recently launched KTM Duke 790 has been able to witness 41 units in sales within just 10 days of its launch. The overwhelming response received by the motorcycle specifically points towards the admiration of the Austrian brand by the Indian enthusiasts. The Duke 790 was launched in India on September 23, 2019, with a price tag of INR 8.64 lakhs (ex-showroom).
KTM India is offering easy EMI and finance options to the customers for getting their hands on the Duke 790. The brand has limited the sales of the streetfighter to only 100 units in its first phase, making it one of the special edition motorcycles to be owned. The KTM Duke 790 has been brought to the country via the CKD route.
Despite the hefty price tag issued by the brand for their all-new naked sports machine, the popularity of KTM Duke 790 seems no bound. The motorcycle is currently available in only 9 cities namely Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Surat, Guwahati, and Chennai.
The brand is expected to launch the motorcycle in more than 30 cities in the second phase of production by April 2020. The reports also suggest the second phase of the launch to feature a BS6-compliant engine, which will replace the BS4 engine currently available with the KTM Duke 790.
KTM Duke 790 Key Specs
- Engine: 799cc, 8-valve, DOHC Parallel-Twin Cylinder, Liquid-Cooled
- Maximum Power: 105HP @ 9000rpm
- Maximum Torque: 87Nm @ 8000 rpm
- Engine Management: Bosch EMS with EBW
- Transmission: 6 Gears
- Traction Control: MTC (3-Mode + Track, Disengageable)
- Front Brake: 2x Radially Mounted 4 Piston Caliper, 300mm Disc Brakes
- Rear Brake: 2 Piston Caliper, 240mm Disc Brake
- ABS: Bosch 9.1 MP (incl Cornering ABS and Supermoto Mode, Disengageable)
- Front Suspension: 43mm WP USD
- Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock
- Clutch: Cable Operated PASC Slipper Clutch
- Dry Weight: 169 kgs (Approximate)
- Frame: Powder Coated Steel Frame