Duke 790 Streetfighter Deliveries Begin in India: Recently launched at a price tag of INR 8.64 lakh (ex-showroom), the deliveries of the KTM Duke 790 have been commenced in the country. As per a recent Facebook post by KTM Andheri East, the Mumbai’s first Duke 790 has been delivered to the Bollywood actor Dino Morea. Popularly known as “The Scalpel”, in the first phase, the brand has launched the Duke 790 in only 9 cities namely Mumbai, Pune, Surat, Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Chennai.
With its racing DNA and best-in-class power-to-weight ratio, the KTM Duke 790 is powered by a 799cc, LC8 liquid-cooled, parallel-twin engine that is capable of churning out a maximum power of 105HP at 9000 rpm and a peak torque of 87Nm at 8000 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed transmission. The suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by 43mm WP upside-down forks at the front while the rear has been equipped with a monoshock absorber.
The braking power comes from disc brakes at either end mated to a dual-channel ABS unit as standard. The KTM Duke 790 competes in India with the likes of Kawasaki Z900, Suzuki GSX-S750, Triumph Street Triple S, Yamaha MT-09, and the Ducati Monster 821.
KTM Duke 790 Key Specs
- Engine: 799cc, 8-valve, DOHC Parallel-Twin Cylinder, Liquid-Cooled
- Maximum Power: 105HP @ 9000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 87Nm @ 8000 rpm
- Engine Management: Bosch EMS with EBW
- Transmission: 6 Gears
- Traction Control: MTC (3-Mode + Track, Disengageable)
- Front Brake: 2x Radially Mounted 4 Piston Caliper, 300mm Disc Brakes
- Rear Brake: 2 Piston Caliper, 240mm Disc Brake
- ABS: Bosch 9.1 MP (incl Cornering ABS and Supermoto Mode, Disengageable)
- Front Suspension: 43mm WP USD
- Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock
- Clutch: Cable Operated PASC Slipper Clutch
- Dry Weight: 169 kgs (Approximate)
- Frame: Powder Coated Steel Frame