KTM RC 125 is the next big thing from the Austrian sportbike manufacturer for India. As only KTM RC 250 is pending under the single-cylinder lineup, getting the most affordable fully-faired KTM motorcycle was like a dream come true for most fans in India. The price tag of INR 1.47 lakh will help many realize their riding potential. Here are five quick facts about the new KTM RC 125 sportbike.
5 Quick Facts About KTM RC 125 Sportbike
1) Most Affordable Full-Faired KTM: At present, RC 125 is the most affordable full-faired KTM machine for India at INR 1.47 lakh (ex-showroom). Since the price difference of INR 28,000 between KTM 200 Duke and RC 200 was good enough to bring an upper edge to the naked streetfighter, the presence of an RC machine will help race fans enjoy responsible power delivery under the track-friendly frame.
2) Impressive Specs & Performance: The 125cc, single cylinder engine for India is good for 14.5 HP at 9250 rpm and 12 Nm at 8000 rpm. The engine is good for city use and more than that could help fans who are going through the learning stage get a safer riding environment. The 3.5 HP of more power than the average 125cc bike is definitely a positive point. The top speed of KTM RC 125 is around 120 kph.
3) Premium Components: KTM RC 125 is available with USD front forks, all-digital console, projector headlights, and finest available side fairing. However, the Indian version comes without a side exhaust as the KTM 125 Duke is also equipped with an underbelly exhaust system. The combination of these premium components will guarantee class-leading control and quality of riding. The weight factor is also in the RC’s favour here.
4) Design & Style: The impressive Orange and Black combination, aluminium swingarm, mean machine front fascia and other features guarantee that RC 125 is the showstopper of every event. The exhaust sound and impressive seating position further help riders attain confidence while riding through the city roads. The India-spec RC 125 has a unique sticker pattern for gaining more attention. The sportbike is also available in White plus Black colour combination.
5) Single Channel ABS: The buyers looking for safety will enjoy the grip of wide tires once the powerful brakes are applied. More than that, the front brake with ABS means hard braking is no more a problem in city or highway conditions. The feature is also available on the recently launched KTM 125 Duke and bigger bikes like the KTM RC 200 and 200 Duke while the 250 and 390 series comes equipped with a dual-channel ABS unit as standard.
KTM RC 125 Sportbike Colours
KTM RC 125 Tech Specs
- Displacement – 124.7cc
- Single Cylinder Engine
- Cooling Type – Liquid-Cooled
- Max. Power – 14.5 HP @ 9250 rpm
- Max. Torque – 12 Nm @ 8000 rpm
- Gearbox – 6-Speed
- Fuel System – Fuel Injection
- Top Speed – 120 kmph (Approx.)
- Front Brake – 300mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake – 230mm Single Disc
- 1-Channel Anti-Lock Braking System
- Front Suspension – USD Forks
- Rear Suspension – Monoshock
- Approx. Length – 1977 mm
- Approx. Width – 688 mm
- Approx. Height – 1098 mm
- Ground Clearance – 157 mm
- Seat Height – 835 mm
- Wheelbase – 1341 mm
- Kerb Weight – 154.2 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 9.5 litres
- Front Tyre – 110/70-R17
- Rear Tyre – 150/60-R17
- Chassis/Frame – Trellis Frame