Royal Enfield Bullet 500 ABS is now officially available in India for INR 1.87 lakh. The price is ex-showroom while the flagship Bullet comes with disc brakes for both the ends with dual channel ABS. The model is available in both Black and Forest Green shade. This marks the entry of ABS into the Bullet series as all other models are now available with ABS-equipped bikes in the RE lineup.
The 500cc Bullet commands a premium of INR 14,000 over the non-ABS model. It is yet to be seen how Thunderbird 350 and 350X got the ABS feature for half that increase while all other models saw an increase of INR 12,000 on the respective variants.
The tag of the most powerful motorcycle from Royal Enfield went to the 650cc Twins while Bullet 500 earlier had the most effective power-to-weight ratio on these motorcycles. Those looking to save some money can get Bullet 500 in place of Classic 500, clearly helping them save INR 13,000. The 499cc, single cylinder engine is good for 27.2 BHP and 41.3 Nm. Apart from the Interceptor and Continental GT 650, all others models are available with a 5-speed gearbox.
RE Bullet 500 ABS Specs
- Displacement: 499cc, 1-Cylinder, 4-stroke
- Fuel System: Electronic fuel injection
- Cooling: Air Cooling
- Maximum Power: 27.2 Bhp @ 5250 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 41.3 Nm @ 4000 rpm
- Overall Length: 2140 mm
- Overall Width: 790 mm
- Overall Height: 1090 mm
- Ground Clearance: 135 mm
- Seat Height: 800 mm
- Wheelbase: 1360 mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight: 194 kg (approx.)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13.50 litres
- Front Brake: 280mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake: 240mm Single Disc
- 2-Channel ABS
- Front Suspension: Telescopic, 130mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Twin gas charged shocks
- Front Tyre: 90/90 – 19
- Rear Tyre: 120/80 – 18