Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X ABS has been launched in India for INR 2.13 lakh. The model is priced INR 14,000 over the regular variant, which in fact has been discontinued from the Indian market. The on-road Mumbai price for the ABS model is around INR 2.60 lakh.
Royal Enfield has also launched the ABS version for Thunderbird 350X, leaving just the Bullet series with not even a single model carrying ABS in 2018. Thunderbird 500X is the most expensive motorcycle with a single cylinder engine from Royal Enfield.
The 499cc, single-cylinder engine used here is good for 41.3 Nm of maximum torque. It comes in two shades and offer alloy wheels as standard. Thunderbird X series is available with tubeless tyres, 9-spoke alloy wheels and shorter handlebar than the standard version.
Royal Enfield is updating the entire lineup with ABS and all their motorcycles will feature dual channel unit in the coming weeks. It can be safely concluded that they will introduce ABS before the end of 2018 for all products.
RE Thunderbird 500X ABS Specs
- Engine Displacement: 499 cc
- Description: 4 stroke, Twinspark, Air cooled
- Fuel System: Keihin Electronic Fuel Injection
- Cooling: Air Cooling
- Maximum Power: 27.2 Bhp @ 5250 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 41.3 Nm @ 4000 rpm
- Number of Cylinders: 1
- Overall Length: 2040 mm
- Overall Width: 830 mm
- Overall Height: 1140 mm
- Ground Clearance: 135 mm
- Seat Height: 775 mm
- Wheelbase: 1350 mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight: 197 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 20 litres
- Front Brake: 280mm Disc, 2-Piston caliper
- Rear Brake: 240mm Disc, Single piston caliper
- 2-Channel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Front Suspension: Telescopic, 41mm forks, 130mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Twin gas charged shock absorbers with 5-step adjustable preload, 80mm travel
- Front Tyre: 90/90-19, 52P MRF Zapper FM
- Rear Tyre: 120/80-18, 62P MRF Zapper C