Meet Suter Two-Stroke Machine: 576cc, V4, 195 HP, 127 KG, 310 KMPH
Just before we start with this one of its kind product on Earth, two brands behind this build need some introduction. Suter Industries is a Switzerland based race engineering company that makes Moto2 chassis while Arch Motorcycles LLC is an American performance cruiser brand. They collaborated in order to bring the exclusive Suter 500 into the American market. The motorcycle is highly inspired by the two-stroke racers of the 1980s.
Apart from that, it carries a unique 576cc, V4 two-stroke engine that makes it track specific and much more effective than most present generation superbikes in terms of power to weight ratio. Suter 500 weighs just 127 kg while its engine is good for 195 HP of maximum power at 13,000 rpm. To make such effective power to weight ratio, one needs to double the amount of power generated by Hayabusa with the same weight that it has currently. Limited to just 99 examples, each MMX 500 is handmade and is priced at $123,000 (approx INR 86.30 lakhs).
This price does not include the packing crate and shipping fee associated with the motorcycle. Being a track only motorcycle, riders will miss on all the essentials of daily driving like headlight, indicators, rear view mirrors and taillight. The claimed top speed of the bike is 310 kmph. A buyer would assume getting an electronic feature loaded motorcycle at such a big price but the story for this Suter 500 is totally different.
It comes without traction control and thus, over revving the throttle can result in some serious results for the rider. Based completely on the 1980s technology, the rider needs to be super careful before choosing Suter 500 as the next ride. Suter provides technical assistance to the owners through dedicated mechanics as two-stroke machines require much more maintenance than their four-stroke counterparts and that too at regular intervals.
Suter 500 Specifications
- ENGINE TYPE: 4 Cylinder V4 two-stroke with a double counter rotating crankshaft
- DISPLACEMENT: 576 cc
- BORE X STROKE: 56 x 58,5
- MAX. REVS: 13,000
- MAX POWER: 195 hp
- TOP SPEED: 310 kmph
- Weight: 127 kg
- PRICE: $123,000 (approx INR 86.30 lakhs)
- ASPIRATION: Electronic fuel injection four port throttle body four carbon reed valves
- EXHAUST VALVE: Double flap electronic controlled
- EXHAUST: Akrapovic four single resonance Titanium chambers
- GEARBOX: SRT six-speed cassette gearbox
- CLUTCH TYPE: Suter Clutch multi-disc dry
- IGNITION: Mectronic ECU
- FRAME: CNC machined Aluminium twin spar with multi-adjustable steering/wheelbase/riding position/height
- SWINGARM: Aluminium swingarm, CNC machined, adjustable
- SUSPENSION: Öhlins upside-down front fork & rear shock; all adjustable for pre-load, compression & rebound damping. Different rear links available
- WHEELS: OZ (Magnesium or Aluminium) – 17x 3.75 (Front), 17x 6.0 (Rear)
- TYRES: 125/75 R 17 (Front), 205/75 R 17 (Rear)
- BRAKES: Brembo Twin 320mm steel front disc with 4 piston callipers, single 218 mm steel rear disc with 2 piston calliper
- FUEL TANK: Carbon Fibre / Inbuilt fuel pump
- BODYWORK: Carbon Fibre
- DATA RECORDING: 2D (optional)