Suzuki is preparing for a new product launch event and their teaser has an all-new story to narrate. The most recent teaser image confirms that it is a full-faired sports bike with an almost negligible hint for the headlight design. It is expected that Suzuki will release more teaser images in the coming days. Here are the 10 important points for the new Gixxer SF 250.
10 Quick Facts About Gixxer SF 250
1) Expected Nomenclature: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 is the most obvious name for the upcoming 250cc product, leaving some space for GSX-R250 also, as the series is popular with die-hard sportbike fans around India. If they use SF 250 nomenclature, the name for the younger version will stay Gixxer SF or else, the upgraded product could be named GSX-R150.
2) Full-Faired Sports Bike: The SF or GSX-R nameplate clears that the motorcycle will feature a faired body design. The teaser image from Suzuki also clears that the uppercut of the fairing is imaginable to some extent. The sport models from Suzuki fall under two different categories, with one being strict supersport and the other, slightly relaxed and touring-friendly options.
3) Expected Engine Specs: The 250cc, single cylinder engine is expected to feature liquid cooling, fuel injection and approx 26.5 HP of output through a 6-speed gearbox setup. The engine is also expected to be BS6-compliant. The output will place the same right next to the Honda CBR250R and thus, expectations of the segment buyers are already high.
4) Hayabusa Color Scheme: A recent report in the industry has claimed that Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 or GSX-R250 will feature Hayabusa-derived colour scheme for a premium feel. The model will be placed as an exclusive option and thus, Suzuki may not run behind huge sales number in the first phase.
5) Dual-Channel ABS: Suzuki will use a dual channel ABS unit instead of the single-channel currently available on their three 150cc motorcycle models. The same may make its way into the new 150cc product also but, chances are high that single front and rear disc combination with dual channel ABS could be exclusive to the Gixxer SF 250.
6) Advanced Digital Console: Suzuki already has the most practical console among the 150cc options and adding a little bit of more information to the same can result in a premium console for their 250cc motorcycle. The features like smartphone connectivity and lap timer could make their way into the console.
7) Upgraded Showrooms: Another report from a trusted source confirms that Suzuki is upgrading the dealerships to bring a premium feel for buyers of the new Gixxer SF 250. Not every dealership is not going through an update as those upgrading will get listed as exclusive dealers for the model.
8) Key Rivals: Suzuki is targeting both Fazer 25 from Yamaha and Honda CBR250R through their 250cc product. The former comes with oil cooling and fuel injection, clearly focusing on cost-cutting while the latter is priced much higher than an average buyer’s expectations.
9) Launch Details: The official unveil for the new Gixxer SF 250 will take place at the Buddh International Circuit on May 20, 2019. The pricing may be announced alongside the media test rides and bookings may start from the same day as the launch event.
10) Expected Price: The motorcycle is expected to get an ex-showroom price tag of around INR 1.50 lakh (minimum possible). This will make it more attractive than the CBR and further, offer great features that Yamaha missed from their quarter-litre machine in India.
Note: The images used in the article are of GSX-250R, the international variant with a twin-cylinder engine and thus, are for representational purposes only. However, the design lines of Gixxer SF 250 will be inspired by this machine for sure.