After the recent launch of the Suzuki Gixxer SF 150 MotoGP, the brand has now officially launched the Gixxer SF 250 MotoGP in India with an ex-showroom price tag of INR 1,71,456. The SF 250 MotoGP edition features a similar colour scheme like the one we have seen on the 155cc model.
The 250cc sportbike gets the same Suzuki Racing Blue finish, fluorescent pinstripe on the alloy wheels, and Ecstar decals on the side fairing. The company is charging around INR 800 premium over the standard model of the Gixxer SF 250, which is available for INR 1,70,755.
Mechanically, there are no changes and the Gixxer SF 250 MotoGP continues to be powered by a 249cc, single-cylinder, SOHC oil-cooled engine that is good enough to produce 26.5 HP of maximum power at 9000 rpm and 22.6 Nm of peak torque at 7500 rpm.
The suspension duties on the bike are handled by conventional telescopic forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear. The braking performance of the bike is handled by disc brakes at both ends. The Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 comes equipped with dual-channel ABS as standard.
Gixxer SF 250 MotoGP Specs
- Displacement: 249cc, 4-Stroke
- No. of Cylinders: Single Cylinder
- SOHC, 4-Valve, Oil-Cooled
- Fuel System: Fuel Injection
- Starter System: Electric
- Bore x Stroke: 76.0mm x 54.9mm
- Maximum Power: 26.5 HP @ 9000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 22.6 NM @ 7500 rpm
- Transmission: 6-Speed Gearbox
- Front Suspension: Telescopic Forks, Coil Spring, Oil Damped
- Rear Suspension: Mono Suspension, Swing Arm Type
- Front Brake: Single Disc
- Rear Brake: Single Disc
- 2-Channel ABS (Standard)
- Front Tyre: 110/70-R17
- Rear Tyre: 150/60-R17
- Cast Alloy Wheels
- Double Barrel Exhaust
- Type: Tubeless Tyres
- Overall Length: 2010mm
- Overall Width: 740mm
- Overall Height: 1035mm
- Wheelbase: 1345mm
- Ground Clearance: 165mm
- Seat Height: 800mm
- Kerb Weight: 161kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 12-litres