Disappointing the sports bike enthusiasts, the very famous Suzuki Hayabusa (Dhoom Bike) has been officially discontinued by the brand in the Indian market. The motorcycle was subjected to minor cosmetic changes back in December 2019 though the brand didn’t update the engine on the mighty machine according to the BS6 emission norms that will be effective in India from April 1, 2020.
The brand also discontinued the Hayabusa in other international markets where the Euro5 emission norms are now existing at the moment. The motorcycle was subjected to colour as well as graphics revision in the 2019 update though the mechanical specification remained the same.
The Suzuki Hayabusa in its present avatar is powered by the similar BS4-compliant 1340cc, liquid-cooling, four-cylinder engine that is capable of offering maximum power of 200HP @ 9500 rpm and a peak torque of 155Nm @ 7200 rpm. The engine remains mated to a 6-speed transmission.
The brand has decided not to offer the sports bike with a BS6-compliant engine though the BS4 variant of the motorcycle is still available across some dealerships till the stock lasts. The customers can avail the Suzuki Hayabusa at an ex-showroom price tag of INR 13.74 lakhs.
The sports bike is one of the most affordable 1.3-litre motorcycles in its segment which currently competes in the market against the likes of Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R. Registering a top speed of 312 kmph, the Hayabusa is considered the most worthy sports motorcycle that might be reincarnated by the brand sometime in the future though there has been no official confirmation as of yet.
Hayabusa (Dhoom Bike) Specs
- Engine Displacement: 1340 cc
- Description: 4-Stroke, 4-Cylinder, Liquid-cooled, DOHC
- Maximum Power: 200 HP @ 9500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 155 Nm @ 7200 rpm
- Gearbox: 6-Speed
- Overall Length: 2190 mm
- Overall Width: 735 mm
- Overall Height: 1165 mm
- Ground Clearance: 120 mm
- Seat Height: 805 mm
- Wheelbase: 1480 mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight: 268 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 21 litres
- Top Speed: 312 kmph
- 0-100 kmph: 3.0 secs
- 0-150 kmph: 4.9 secs
- 0-200 kmph: 7.5 secs
- 0-250 kmph: 12.0 secs
- 0-300 kmph: 25.4 secs
- Front Brake: 310mm dual discs, Brembo monobloc radial-mount callipers
- Rear Brake: 260mm disc, Tokico single-piston calliper
- Front Suspension: Inverted Telescopic, Coil Spring, Oil Damped
- Rear Suspension: Link Type, Coil Spring, Oil Damped
- Front Tyre: 120/70 ZR17 M/C (58W)
- Rear Tyre: 190/50 ZR17 M/C (73W)