TVS Ntorq 125 now has a reason to celebrate. The powerful 125cc scooter has registered 1 lakh units in sale in first eight months of its existence. It was launched on Feb 5 this year, challenging the likes of Honda Grazia and Suzuki Access 125 in this segment. NTorq comes with segment-leading features like smartphone connectivity and navigation support. It is powered by a 124.79cc, single-cylinder engine, producing 9.4 HP at 7500 rpm and 10.5 Nm at 5500 rpm.
The engine comes mated to an automatic gearbox. It weighs 116.1 kg and offers a practical 155mm of ground clearance. The 12-inch tire combination is great for Indian riding conditions, further getting higher grip levels through the rear 110mm rubber. The front disc brake measures 220mm while the rear gets 130mm drum brake. The fuel tank can carry up to 5-liter of petrol, returning around 230 kilometers of overall range.
Aniruddha Haldar, Vice President (Marketing) – Commuter Motorcycles, Scooters & Corporate Brand, TVS Motor Company, said: “The Gen Z, our intended audience, has responded with love to this new offering. They not only took the TVS NTorq 125 to their homes but gave it a pride of place across their social platforms. This kind of brand love early on is remarkable and redoubles our enthusiasm to live up to the faith of our consumers”.
TVS Ntorq 125 Specifications
- Engine: 124.79 cc, 4 stroke, Single Cylinder, Air Cooled, OHC
- Maximum Power: 9.4 HP @ 7500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 10.5 Nm @ 5500 rpm
- Air Filter: Dry Paper + Foam filter
- Scooter Frame: High Rigidity Under Bone Rectangular Tube Type
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 1865 mm x 710 mm x 1160 mm
- Wheelbase: 1285 mm
- Ground Clearance: 155 mm
- Fuel Tank: 5.0 Litre
- Kerb Weight: 116.1 Kg
- Front Suspension: Telescopic Suspension
- Rear Suspension: Gas filled Hydraulic Type Coil Spring Shock Absorber
- Front Tyre: 100/80-12 (Tubeless)
- Rear Tyre: 110/80-12 (Tubeless)
- Front Brake: 220 mm Disc
- Rear Brake: 130 mm Drum