The updated model of TVS Apache RR 310 is priced in India at INR 2.27 lakh (ex-showroom). The brand recently increased the price of the sportbike by INR 3000 and added the race-tuned slipper clutch feature to the package. The company revealed the bike for the first time back in 2016, at the Auto Expo as TVS Akula concept. Here are five reasons to buy the Apache RR 310 in India.
5 Reasons to Buy TVS Apache RR 310
1) Excellent Looks – In the Russian language, Akula means Shark, and the bike derives many of its design features forming a shark-like appearance. The design elements of the bike are aerodynamic and proportionate while the aggressive styling merges with a compact layout, managing to make a perfect bike for someone who does not wish to go too menacing with the KTM RC 390 or too soft with the other 200cc and 250cc bikes available in the market.
The front end of the bike sports bi-LED projector headlamps, which remain switched-on the whole time the ignition is on. Looking at the bike from both sides, you will notice that there is a certain symmetry to the bike that looks appealing to the eyes. The overall design of the bike is enough to make sure that everyone will fall in love with it at first sight. At present, the RR 310 is available in 2 colours: Racing Red and Phantom Black (New Shade).
2) Powerful Engine – The RR 310 has the most powerful engine made for the Apache lineup till date. The sportbike is powered by a 312.2cc four-stroke four-valve single-cylinder reverse-inclined engine that churns out a maximum power of 34HP @ 9700 rpm and a peak torque of 27.3Nm @ 7700 rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox while the bike returns a mileage of around 30kmpl.
The Apache RR 310 is equipped with the BMW G310R’s engine and produces the same power and torque as well. The sportbike takes only 2.93secs to reach 60kmph and 7.17secs to reach 100kmph from a standstill. The company-claimed top speed of the sportbike is 160kmph.
3) Informative All-Digital Console – The instrument panel on the Apache RR 310 follows a vertical layout rather than a conventional horizontal cluster. This makes things on the instrument cluster easier to read while riding. A vertical layout is generally used on adventure and rally bikes to convey the information to the rider on the go.
On top of the instrument console, the range is displayed and below that, the current speed of the bike is shown to the rider. There is an odometer below that and a digital clock, displaying the current time. The fuel gauge and the engine temperature find their place below the clock.
The right side of the panel is completely owned by the tachometer, showing the RPM of the engine in a crisp manner. The gear indicator finds its place on the lower-left side of the panel, with the gear-shift indicator and other tell-tale signals around the panel.
4) Feature-Rich – In its basic form, the RR 310 is a track bike. It inherits many features from TVS Motors’ 37 years of racing history. The Michelin Pilot Street tyres come as standard on the bike and we must mention that they are extra sticky for track performance.
Also standard on the bike, a dual-channel ABS unit from Continental, provides extra safety and stability while braking. The suspension from Kayaba has also been tuned to suit the needs of the track. The front end sports USD (Upside Down) telescopic forks while the rear end is equipped with a monoshock.
The updated model of the Apache RR 310 also comes equipped with a race-tuned slipper clutch, and the best part is that the existing owners of the sportbike can also get it installed as an accessory by paying around INR 3000-4000.
5) Solid Build Quality – The parts and components used on the Apache RR 310 are made out of good quality materials and the bike shares many similarities with the BMW G310R, ensuring that there are no complaints regarding the materials used on the 300cc-segment sports bike. The trellis frame used on both the bikes is identical, with TVS making slight tweaks to the rear sub-frame of the bike to suit its character.
Apache RR 310 Key Specs
- Displacement – 312.2 cc
- Max. Power – 34 HP @ 9700 rpm
- Max. Torque – 27.3 Nm @ 7700 rpm
- Number of Cylinders – 1
- Number of Gears – 6
- Seat Height – 810 mm
- Ground Clearance – 180 mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight – 169.5 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 11 litres
- Top Speed – 160 kmph