TVS Apache RTR 180 with 1-channel ABS is now officially available in India for INR 91,409. The motorcycle was earlier tagged as the only bike that brought dual channel ABS under INR 1 lakh but now, the Indian market has no model that uses the advanced ABS version under this price bracket.
The prices for non-ABS models were untouched as they won’t be on sale from April 1, 2019. The new ABS unit is shared among Apache 160, Apache 180 and Apache 160 4V while the bigger Apache models named RR310 and RTR200 can be had with dual channel ABS unit. Both these models are priced well above INR 2 lakh and 1 lakh respectively.
Apache RTR 180 is now available in a single variant while the younger cousin RTR 160 can be had in both single and dual disc versions. The month of April brings safe motorcycles for the Indian rider as none of the brands will be able to retail a non-CBS or non-ABS variant from their dealerships in the country. The 177.4cc, single cylinder engine on the RTR 180 is good for 16.62 HP at 8500 rpm and 15.5 Nm at 6500 rpm. The front disc brake measures 270mm while rear comes with 200mm disc brake.
TVS Apache RTR 180 Specs
- Displacement – 177.4 cc, Air-Cooled
- Max. Power – 16.62 HP @ 8500 rpm
- Max. Torque – 15.5 Nm @ 6500 rpm
- Number of Cylinders – 1
- Number of Gears – 5
- Seat Height – 790 mm
- Ground Clearance – 165 mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight – 137 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 12 litres
- Top Speed – 124 kmph (Approx.)
- Front Brake – 270mm Petal Disc
- Rear Brake – 200mm Petal Disc
- Brake Fluid – DOT 3 / DOT 4
- 1-Channel ABS Unit (Front Wheel)
- Front Suspension – Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension – Gas-filled Shox
- Front Tyre – 90/90 x 17”
- Rear Tyre – 110/80 x 17”