The 2020 Yamaha R15 V3 has been updated in the Malaysian markets with three new colour variants as well as unique graphic detailing. The customers can avail the new Race Blu, Matte Yellow, and Black colours of the motorcycle at a price tag of RM11,988 (INR 2.07 lakh approx).
All the three new colours are also available across the Thai markets though there has been no official confirmation whether the brand will be launching the same in the Indian market or not. It is being speculated that Yamaha may introduce the new colours in India around Diwali this year,
Apart from the new colour variants with stunning graphics, the motorcycle remains mechanically unaltered. Powering the Malaysian-spec 2020 Yamaha R15 V3 is the same 155cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-valve, SOHC engine that is capable of generating a maximum power figure of 19.3HP and a peak torque of 14.7Nm. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by premium inverted forks at the front while the rear features a preload-adjustable monoshock. The motorcycle gets a 282mm disc brake at the front and a 220mm disc brake at the rear. The India-spec model is not equipped with USD front forks to keep the costs under check.
2020 Yamaha R15 V3 Specs
- Engine Displacement – 155.1 cc
- Liquid-cooled, Single Cylinder
- 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve, BS6
- VVA (Variable Valve Actuation)
- Fuel System – Fuel Injection
- Max. Power – 18.6 HP @ 10,000 rpm
- Max. Torque – 14.1 NM @ 8500 rpm
- 6-Speed Gearbox with Slipper Clutch
- Front Brake – 282mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake – 220mm Single Disc
- 2-Channel Anti-Lock Braking System
- Front Suspension – Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension – Monoshock
- Front Tyre – 100/80-17 (MRF)
- Rear Tyre – 140/70-17 (MRF)