India Yamaha Motor is all set to introduce their BS6-compliant engine variants of the motorcycles shortly. As per the recent press conference organized by the brand, one can expect the BS6 Yamaha R15 V3 to launch in India in January next year. The brand has made its intentions clear on introducing the BS6 variants before the implementation of new emission norms in India on April 1, 2020.
The reports suggest that the brand will be focusing on launching the BS6 variants of their motorcycles in phases. The first phase will comprise of introducing the BS6-compliant engines for its affordable motorcycle portfolio while the BS6 variants of the costlier and higher-spec motorcycles will follow shortly after that in the second phase. The brand is expected to commence the operations of the first phase in November 2019 which will witness the launch of BS6 models of Yamaha FZ, Yamaha FZ-S and more.
The implementation of new emission norms will indeed result in a hike in the prices of motorcycles by 10% to 15%. At present, the BS4 model of R15 V3 is available for INR 1.40 lakh (ex-showroom). One can expect the BS6 Yamaha R15 V3 to get an updated price tag of around INR 1.55-1.60 lakh.
The current-gen BS4 variant of the same is powered by a 155cc, single-cylinder engine that is capable of churning out a maximum power of 19.3 HP at 10,000 rpm and a peak torque of 14.7 Nm at 8500 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. Though there is no confirmation on the changes in the power and torque figures of the BS6-compliant model of the R15 V3, one can expect a minimal tweak in the values.
Yamaha R15 V3 Tech Specs
- Engine Displacement – 155.1 cc
- Liquid-cooled, Single Cylinder
- 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve
- VVA (Variable Valve Actuation)
- Fuel System – Fuel Injection
- Max. Power – 19.3 HP @ 10,000 rpm
- Max. Torque – 14.7 NM @ 8500 rpm
- 6-Speed Gearbox with Slipper Clutch
- Front Brake – 282mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake – 220mm Single Disc
- 2-Channel Anti-Lock Braking System
- Front Suspension – Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension – Monoshock
- Front Tyre – 100/80-17 (MRF)
- Rear Tyre – 140/70-17 (MRF)
- Seat Height – 815 mm
- Ground Clearance – 170 mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight – 142 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 11 litres
- Top Speed 136 kmph – (Approximate)