Back in October 2019, Yamaha revealed the next-gen model of MT-03 for the international markets. As per the latest details available, Yamaha recently announced that they have no immediate plans to launch any new 250cc+ premium motorcycle in India though, it is being rumoured that the new-gen 300cc MT-series motorcycle will be launched in India after 10-12 months. The brand is expected to launch the new R3 sportbike first and then the new model of MT-03. It would be competing with the likes of BMW G310R, Honda CB300R, and the Benelli TNT 300.
The 2022 model of the Yamaha MT-03 shares most of its parts with the YZF-R3 while the changes include a single headlight unit as well as a relaxed bar-type handlebar for better street control. Just like the new model of the YZF-R3, the MT-03 now also comes equipped with 37mm Upside Down (USD) telescopic forks at the front while the rear features a monoshock unit.
The bike is powered by the same 321cc, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, twin-cylinder engine producing a maximum power of 42HP @ 10,750 rpm and a peak torque of 29.6Nm @ 9,000 rpm. The bike is equipped with a 6-speed gearbox and weighs just 168kgs, making it quick in terms of performance.
The India-spec model of the MT-03 will come equipped with 2-channel ABS as standard. The hyper-naked street motorcycle is expected to arrive in India with a price tag of around INR 3,30,000 (ex-showroom).
New Yamaha MT-03 Specs
- Displacement – 321cc, Liquid-Cooled
- Max. Power – 42 HP @ 10750 rpm
- Max. Torque – 29.6 Nm @ 9000 rpm
- No. of Cylinders – 2 Cylinder
- No. of Gears – 6-Speed Gearbox
- Seat Height – 780mm
- Ground Clearance – 160mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight – 168kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 14-litres
- Top Speed – 170+ kmph (Approx.)
New Yamaha MT-03 Colors
New Yamaha MT-03 Key Facts
- Lightweight LED flashers
- Ergonomic & Agile Riding Position
- High-Quality Look and Authentic MT Feel
- Long Swingarm with New Shock Settings
- Aggressive Next-Generation MT design
- 37mm Upside-Down Front Forks
- High-Tech LCD Instrument Console
- Dual Slant-Eye Positions Lights; LED Headlight
- Dynamic Mass-Forward Body Design
- Lightweight Diamond Frame