An interesting walkaround video of the recently launched Yamaha R15 V3 Monster Energy by the famous Youtube Channel Dino’s Vault gives us a complete insight into the motorcycle dynamics. The MotoGP limited edition variant of the motorcycle gets a price tag of INR 1,42,780, getting a premium of only INR 2500 over its standard variant.
As seen in the video, the special edition motorcycle features an all-black colour scheme while the contrasting neon graphics add to its authentic MotoGP styling. The body panels of the motorcycle feature YZR-M1 MotoGP inspired decals while the side panels, as well as the front, features Monster energy branding. The Yamaha Motor tuning fork logo accentuates its unique styling.
Yamaha R15 V3 Monster Energy Walkaround Video by Dino’s Vault
Apart from certain MotoGP inspired cosmetic changes, the motorcycle remains mechanically unaltered. Powering the Yamaha R15 V3 Monster Energy motorcycle is the same 155cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine, capable of generating a maximum power of 19.3 HP at 10,000 rpm and a peak torque of 14.7 Nm at 8,500 rpm.
The engine is mated to a six-speed transmission. The brand has equipped the motorcycle with telescopic forks at the front and a monoshock absorber at the rear. The braking duties on the motorcycle are handled by 282mm disc brake at the front and a 220mm disc brake at the rear. The motorcycle features dual-channel ABS as standard.
Yamaha R15 V3 Tech Specs
- Engine Displacement – 155.1 cc
- Liquid-cooled, Single Cylinder
- 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve
- VVA (Variable Valve Actuation)
- Fuel System – Fuel Injection
- Max. Power – 19.3 HP @ 10,000 rpm
- Max. Torque – 14.7 NM @ 8500 rpm
- 6-Speed Gearbox with Slipper Clutch
- Front Brake – 282mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake – 220mm Single Disc
- 2-Channel Anti-Lock Braking System
- Front Suspension – Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension – Monoshock
- Front Tyre – 100/80-17 (MRF)
- Rear Tyre – 140/70-17 (MRF)