5 Reasons to Wait for the 2020 Yamaha R3 Sportbike: Yamaha YZF-R3 is one of the most sought-after bikes in India. It is an incredibly practical and genuine lightweight sports bike that is good for both track and everyday use. Even though there are tough competitors like the Ninja 300 and the Benelli 302R, the Yamaha R3 has managed to rule the hearts of any beginner racer with its looks, appeal, and performance.
The 2020 Yamaha R3 is an upgrade over the present version and waiting every second for the same is worth for sure. There are many reasons why one would prefer the R3 over any other bike in the segment but here are the top five reasons to wait for the 321cc sports bike.
5 Reasons to Wait for 2020 Yamaha R3
1) Beginner’s Sports Bike – Anyone wishing to experience the way that a bike feels on the track, the 2020 Yamaha R3 is the bike, to begin with. It is an excellent choice for those who want to ride their bike on everyday roads as well as for an occasional day on the track. The cornering on the 2020 R3 is quite stable and it gives you the confidence to learn about racing and leaning more and more on corners. The use of USD forks further improves the handling factor.
2) Excellent Performance – All things considered, the 2020 Yamaha YZF-R3 is one of the most powerful bikes in its class. It sports a 321cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled fuel-injected engine, which produces a maximum power of 42HP at 10,750 rpm and a peak torque of 29.6Nm at 9000 rpm. Even on high revs, such as 8000 rpm, the bike feels calm and composed, not letting the rider feel any strain at all. The mid-range revs of the bike are packed with power. The power build-up comes in at the 6000 rpm mark and eventually starts to increase all the way up to the 12,500 rpm red-line.
3) New Instrument Console – The all-new all-digital console on the 2020 R3 features a rectangular display with digital tachometer, gear shift indicator, position indicator, and all other required values. The old version came with a split screen and analogue tachometer that felt aged in front of the Yamaha R15 V3’s console.
4) Outstanding Handling – Some people might say that Yamaha took things a bit too far when they used the tubular steel frame on the front instead of the steel beam frame that we see on the R15, but this has been done to provide a functional edge to the R3. There is a rigidity that is experienced with the tubular steel frame and it helps with the handling since the engine is quite powerful too. It makes the bike great at cornering and there is a terrific balance between the response and stability.
5) Impressive Shades – The last-gen Yamaha R3 is available in India at INR 3.51 lakh, offering two mature shades for riders who are not into flare patterns and loud shades. The Racing Blue looks very elegant while Magma Black shows how matt finish can improve the overall design lines of a sportbike. On the other hand, the huge difference seen on the new model will result in a price hike for sure. The 2020 version of the Yamaha R3 is expected to get an ex-showroom price tag of around INR 3.70 lakh and will arrive in 2 colours: Icon Blue and Midnight Black.
2020 Yamaha R3 Colors