Yamaha R15 V3 Monster Energy Edition was first seen through an indirect visual update on the international-spec R125 as both the products are similar except for the engine size. However, the same theme will make its way into India as a special edition around the festive season this year.
Monster Energy theme has already appeared in many international editions but this one is quite different as the bike retains the high gloss black base paint and uses Yamaha Blue inserts at select positions. The front comes with two Monster Energy monikers while the side fairing has the biggest M moniker that one can expect from the model.
The R125 MotoGP Monster Energy edition comes equipped with USD front forks and aluminium rear footpeg holders. But for India, both the features will be watered-down to the standard R15 V3 theme. The updated R15 V3 ABS is already available in two variants in the Indian market.
The base price for the sporty model starts at INR 1,39,680 (ex-showroom India), and it is expected that Yamaha will charge around INR 2000-3000 extra for the R15 V3 Monster Energy edition.
As most brands are struggling to retain the sales numbers in the motorcycle industry, Yamaha is no different as the sales figure of the R15 V3 is staying half in comparison to its actual potential. The Indian version is already available in Thunder Grey, Racing Blue, and the premium Darknight shade.
Yamaha R15 V3 Tech Specs
- Engine Displacement – 155.1 cc
- Liquid-cooled, Single Cylinder
- 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve
- VVA (Variable Valve Actuation)
- Fuel System – Fuel Injection
- Max. Power – 19.3 HP @ 10,000 rpm
- Max. Torque – 14.7 NM @ 8500 rpm
- 6-Speed Gearbox with Slipper Clutch
- Front Brake – 282mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake – 220mm Single Disc
- 2-Channel Anti-Lock Braking System
- Front Suspension – Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension – Monoshock
- Front Tyre – 100/80-17 (MRF)
- Rear Tyre – 140/70-17 (MRF)