As per the latest details available, Yamaha Motor India is planning to launch the R15 V3 Monster Energy Edition in the Indian market by Diwali 2019 (October this year). The first lot of the special edition model may arrive a few weeks before festive season to gauge user interest at different dealerships. Yamaha R15 is one of the most popular brands among entry-level 150cc premium sports bikes and has gathered a huge fan following in the last decade.
Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 is powered by a 155.1cc, liquid-cooled and fuel-injected engine that is good for class-leading 19.30 HP at 10,000 rpm and 14.7 Nm at 8,500 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox while slipper clutch has been added to provide an even better track riding experience.
In comparison to the R15 V2, the R15 V3.0 comes with full LED headlights, higher seat position and an all-new design that’s inspired by the flagship motorcycles like the YZF-R6 and the YZF-R1. Yamaha R15 V3 also gets new all-digital instrument console and dual-channel ABS as standard. At present, the current-gen model of R15 is available in India for INR 1.40 lakh (ex-showroom).
Currently, the shades on offer are Racing Blue, Thunder Grey, and Darknight. Despite getting a higher price tag for sure, the motorcycle will stay the favourite of riders who are looking for a lightweight performance motorcycle that can be ridden every day. According to an earlier report, R15 V3 Monster Energy Edition is expected to get a price tag of around INR 1.45 lakh (ex-showroom).
Yamaha R15 V3 Tech Specs
- Engine Displacement – 155.1 cc
- Liquid-cooled, Single Cylinder
- 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve
- VVA (Variable Valve Actuation)
- Fuel System – Fuel Injection
- Max. Power – 19.3 HP @ 10,000 rpm
- Max. Torque – 14.7 NM @ 8500 rpm
- 6-Speed Gearbox with Slipper Clutch
- Front Brake – 282mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake – 220mm Single Disc
- 2-Channel Anti-Lock Braking System
- Front Suspension – Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension – Monoshock
- Front Tyre – 100/80-17 (MRF)
- Rear Tyre – 140/70-17 (MRF)