As expected, Yamaha has officially unveiled the much-awaited R15 V3 Monster Energy MotoGP Edition. For now, the special edition model is only available in Indonesia for IDR 36,360,000 (INR 1.77 lakh, approximate). It is expected that Yamaha will officially launch the R15 V3 Monster Energy MotoGP in the Indian market later this year, most probably around Diwali. The brand will charge around INR 2000-3000 premium for the special edition model. At present, the standard model of the R15 V3 is available in India for INR 1.40 lakh (ex-showroom).
The Indonesia-spec model of the sportbike comes with golden USD front forks but the India-spec model will continue to be equipped with conventional telescopic front forks. The R15 V3 Monster Energy MotoGP Edition features an attractive black and blue colour scheme while it gets Monster Energy logos on both the front and side fairing including the front mudguard.
The entry-level supersport motorcycle reflects the racing legacy and draws inspiration from the 2019 Yamaha YZR-M1 which was unleashed earlier this year. The YZR-M1 is the race machine for Valentino Rossi and Maverick Vinales for the recent MotoGP championship. Currently, the R15 V3 is available in 3 colours in India: Racing Blue, Thunder Grey, and Darknight (Matte Black).
Yamaha R15 V3 Specifications
India-Spec Model with 2-Channel ABS
- Engine Displacement – 155.1 cc
- Liquid-cooled, Single Cylinder
- 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve
- VVA (Variable Valve Actuation)
- Fuel System – Fuel Injection
- Max. Power – 19.3 HP @ 10,000 rpm
- Max. Torque – 14.7 NM @ 8500 rpm
- 6-Speed Gearbox with Slipper Clutch
- Front Brake – 282mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake – 220mm Single Disc
- 2-Channel Anti-Lock Braking System
- Front Suspension – Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension – Monoshock
- Front Tyre – 100/80-17 (MRF)
- Rear Tyre – 140/70-17 (MRF)